Fickle Beam (move)

Fickle Beam
きまぐレーザー Fickle Laser
Fickle Beam IX.png
Fickle Beam IX 2.png
Type  Dragon
Category  Special
PP  5 (max. 8)
Power  80*
Accuracy  100%
Priority  {{{priority}}}
Target
Foe Foe Foe
Self Ally Ally
May affect anyone adjacent to the user
Availability
Introduced  Generation IX
Condition  [[{{{category}}} (condition)|{{{category}}}]]
Appeal  0  
Jam  0  
Condition  [[{{{category}}} (condition)|{{{category}}}]]
Appeal  0  
Condition  [[{{{category}}} (condition)|{{{category}}}]]
Appeal  0  
Jamming  0  

Fickle Beam (Japanese: きまぐレーザー Fickle Laser) is a damage-dealing Dragon-type move introduced in Generation IX. It is one of the signature moves of Hydrapple.

Effect

Fickle Beam inflicts damage. There is a 70% chance for the move to inflict damage at 80 base power, and a 30% chance for it to double and inflict damage at 160 base power. Consequently, the average base power is 104.

Description

Games Description
SV The user shoots a beam of light to inflict damage. Sometimes all the user's heads shoot beams in unison, doubling the move's power.


Learnset

By leveling up

# Pokémon Types Egg Groups Level
1019    
 
Grass Dragon Evo.
Bold indicates a Pokémon gains STAB from this move.
Italics indicates a Pokémon whose evolution or alternate form receives STAB from this move.
A dash (−) indicates a Pokémon cannot learn the move by the designated method.
An empty cell indicates a Pokémon that is unavailable in that game/generation.


Appearance

Fickle Beam has a different appearance if the user "goes all out", where all of Hydrapple's syrpents shoot together in unison.

   
Hydrapple unleashing an all-out Fickle Beam

In other languages

Language Title
Chinese Cantonese 隨機光 Chèuihgēi Gwōng
Mandarin 隨機光 / 随机光 Suíjī Guāng
  French Laser Hasard
  German Launenlaser
  Italian Irregolaser
  Korean 변덕레이저 Byeondeok Leijeo
  Spanish Láser Veleidoso


  This article is part of Project Moves and Abilities, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on two related aspects of the Pokémon games.