- Ash meets Volkner and Flint, as well as Paul who has managed to obtain an Electrizer.
- Paul gives his Electabuzz his Electrizer, transfers Electabuzz to Reggie and has it transferred back immediately.
- Ash learns that Paul has already challenged Volkner, but decides to battle Flint instead.
Paul's Electabuzz evolving
To be honest, I don't see why Paul's Electabuzz shouldn't evolve, even though Gary has an Electivire. There have been several instances where different rivals have owned the same Pokémon before, them being...
- Paul has a battle with Volkner and loses.
- Ash has a 1-Pokémon-each battle with Flint and wins, beating Flint's Infernape with his Monferno. As a reward, Flint agrees to have his Infernape teach Monferno the move Fire Punch, which it knows.
- Ash chooses the Pokémon he will use against Volkner- Pikachu and Grotle because of their Electric resistance, Gliscor because of its Steel Wing which he plans to use for a technique similar to what Winona did with her Pelipper in Sky-High Gym Battle!. For his last Pokémon, he has a choice of Staraptor or Buizel, which is settled by a coin flip. Buizel takes heads. The coin lands on tails, which means Staraptor gets to battle. Buizel is disappointed, but it is allowed to watch the battle as consolation.
- Ash has a battle with Volkner, refereed by Flint, and wins.
- Ash's Pikachu battles Volkner's Raichu and is recalled.
- Ash's Gliscor beats Volkner's Raichu and is recalled.
- Ash's Staraptor beats Volkner's Ambipom and is recalled.
- Ash's Grotle beats Volkner's Octillery.
- Volkner's Luxray beats Ash's Staraptor, Gliscor and Grotle.
- Ash's Pikachu beats Volkner's Luxray by using Thunderbolt and Quick Attack to trap it in an electric ring, then jumping on its head, grabbing its mane, using Thunderbolt, and jumping back off. After a staring contest, Luxray falls out cold and is pronounced unable to battle, winning Ash the Beacon Badge. Naturally Paul is gutted.
- Ash, Nando, Paul and Barry all enter the Sinnoh League.
- Ash beats a few trainers in the single and double battle rounds, then Barry in the quarter-finals, Nando in the semifinals and some other trainer in the final. As for Paul, he is so full of himself that he makes a fatal mistake and loses before the final.
|Character||Game||U.S. name prediction||Why||Actual U.S. name||Final Comment|
|Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver|| Bella
|From "Bell", which fits given Ecruteak City. Also Italian for "beautiful". Madison contains the general son- root.||N/A||None yet|
|Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver||Jason||Jason contains the son- root (as in sonic, sonority), which means sound.||N/A||None yet|