| Real Life...Inquire Within!
Work Experience! 24-Hour Pokémon Center!!
|| April 5, 2018
| United States
|| September 1, 2018
|| Team Kato
|| 藤咲淳一 Jun'ichi Fujisaku
|| 尼野浩正 Hiromasa Amano
| Assistant director
|| 牧野吉高 Yoshitaka Makino
| Animation director
|| 篠原隆 Takashi Shinohara
| No additional credits are available at this time.
Real Life...Inquire Within! (Japanese: お仕事体験！ポケモンセンター24時！！ Work Experience! 24-Hour Pokémon Center!!) is the 68th episode of Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon, and the 1,007th episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan on April 5, 2018, in New Zealand on July 18, 2018, in Canada on August 18, 2018, in the United Kingdom on August 23, 2018, and in the United States on September 1, 2018.
Ash and friends are looking forward to a day of real-life work experience at the Pokémon Center! But when they discover that Nurse Joy has come down with a bad cold, they get more experience than they signed up for. Our heroes take charge of the Pokémon Center for the day, learning the ins and outs of the job. They soon discover just how complicated it can be—and how different Pokémon have different needs. That includes Team Skull’s Garbodor, who’s suffering from a poison blockage. Our heroes spring into action, and Garbodor is healed—just as Nurse Joy starts feeling better, too!
While on his way to the Pokémon Center for work experience, Ash is confronted by Tupp, Rapp, and Zipp. Despite Rotom's advice, a battle ensues. The Team Skull Grunts call on their Zubat, Garbodor, and Salandit, and they face off against Pikachu. Pikachu dodges Salandit's Scratch attacks and Zubat's Leech Life. Garbodor attempts to use Venoshock, but the toxic sludge is somehow blocked up in its arm. Pikachu takes advantage of the delay and uses Thunderbolt. The battle ends prematurely, with Garbodor beginning to emit a strong smell and its blocked arm causing it pain. Despite Ash's advice to get Garbodor to a Pokémon Center, the trio speeds off on their motorcycles.
Ash arrives at the Pokémon Center just in time and introduces Poipole to his classmates' Pokémon. Nurse Joy arrives sick, prompting her Pokémon, Blissey and Comfey, to attend to her. The group offers to supervise the Pokémon Center in Nurse Joy's absence, and she agrees. The students get changed, but Ash is forced to wear the female nursing uniform. The girls use this as an opportunity to apply makeup and Rotom's Laki wig onto Ash. An embarrassed Ash declares that if he has to dress up like a girl, then Kiawe and Sophocles should as well. However, the two boys decline, revealing that they found male nurse uniforms.
The day's first client walks in, greeted by Ash (who has changed into a male uniform) and Lillie, he drops off his two Pokémon, and Blissey remains on the watch to help the trainees. Snowy rescues the two Poké Ball's from Lillie's clumsiness. And another person, this time a woman with one Pokémon requiring a rest who is also after a room rental. Ash and Kiawe are sent out to deliver Pokémon moisturizer to a customer, failing to realize that he's actually James. James instantly recognizes Ash, though the food truck uniform keeps his actual identity a secret from Ash and Kiawe. As the two arrive back at the Pokémon Center, they notice Zipp lingering near it, though he quickly flees upon seeing Ash. Meanwhile, Sophocles and Lana are fitting clean bed sheets to prepare the room for the female guest. Lunchtime comes and goes, with everyone sitting down to eat and ordering from the in-house café. Anela who runs a fruit stall in the Hau'oli City marketplace arrives at the Pokémon Center. She supplies a basket of fresh fruit to Nurse Joy after hearing that she was feeling ill, and gifts one to Ash and his friends' Pokémon. Ash goes to the back of the Pokémon Center into an observatory-style treatment area.
Kiawe looks after a Trainer's Tauros and Ash cares for an Alolan Exeggutor. In the midst of scrubbing the Pokémon clean, Poipole disturbs Exeggutor's tail leading it to attack Ash in defense, sending him rolling out of the door. Ash manages to collect himself and notices Zipp again. Though instead of allowing him to escape, Ash pushes Zipp into the Pokémon Center to get Garbodor treated. Zipp releases the Pokémon from its Poké Ball, and its stench has intensified since earlier in the day. Everyone except Poipole initially blocks their noses, but Blissey notices the pain appears to be coming from Garbodor's fingers and begins to probe around. Lillie is instantly reminded of a condition she read about called poison clog, a rare occurrence that affects a Pokémon's veins because of their sticky poisons. Nurse Joy arrives on the scene just in time, getting Sophocles to fetch several large ear cleaners. Buckets are used to cart the excess poison away, while a hand massage eases the pain and releases the clog. Treatment takes some time, with three fingers needing to be operated on. Garbodor is happy to no longer be congested, and Zipp quickly returns the Pokémon to its Poké Ball and picks up an ear cleaner to avoid any future problems. The change in attitude is a welcome sight to Ash and his friends, who had scolded Zipp for his lack of responsibility and compassion. To everyone's surprise, it turns out the Nurse Joy that arrived in time to help Garbodor was actually the one from Akala Island and the big sister of the ill Nurse Joy, who now emerges, perfectly healthy again. The Pokémon Center job experience day ends with a smiling group photo.
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
- Poké Problem: Which of these Pokémon helps me in today's episode?
- In the Japanese version, the title card is read by Ash, Lana, Lillie, Sophocles, and Kiawe.
- This marks the first time Ash has cross-dressed since Beauties Battling for Pride and Prestige!, 252 episodes prior.
- This marks the first main series appearance of a rice ball since Pokémon the Series: Diamond and Pearl.
- This is the fourth time in the anime where Ash's female friends wear Nurse Joy outfits, after Misty in A Chansey Operation, May in Claydol Big and Tall, and Serena and Bonnie in Adventures in Running Errands!.
- Ash and his classmates do not wear their default outfits for the majority of this episode.
- This episode is similar to Pinch Healing!. In both episodes, Ash and his friends have to take care of a Pokémon Center when Nurse Joy gets sick.
- Barring flashbacks and specials, this episode marks the first time in the anime that a member of the Team Rocket trio has appeared without the others.
- Jessie, James, Meowth, and Wobbuffet narrate the preview for the next episode.
- Ash, his classmates, and Zipp read the Who's That Pokémon? segment in the English dub.
- Ash reads the title card alone in the dub.
- In the photo montage seen at the end of the episode, one of the photos of Ash cross-dressing is replaced.
In other languages