|The picture used in this article is unsatisfactory.|
Reason: Should be a picture of the title frame
Please feel free to replace it so it conforms to Bulbapedia conventions.
Something Suspicious (Japanese: VSケルディオ II VS Keldeo II or 狩人 Hunter) is the 519th round of the Pokémon Adventures manga.
Continuing their battle against the Shadow Triad, Chili, Cress and Cilan take offense at the suggestion that they have to defend Striaton Gym as a trio due to weakness. To the Triad's surprise, the triplets put up a fierce resistance despite their initial disadvantage. Recalling Lenora and her kind words, the Striaton leaders reaffirm their role to educate new Trainers on type advantages, and taunt their opponents. The Shadow Triad realizes that the brothers weren't at the Nacrene Museum precisely so they could track them down; the Striaton leaders add that they were also searching for Evolution stones to evolve their Pokémon, With Pansear, Panpour and Pansear evolved into their final forms, the brothers continue pushing on.
Atop a cliff, the Swords of Justice arrive to witness the battle. When Keldeo asks which side is in the right, Cobalion coldly responds that neither side is in the right, as human battles are about rejecting each other. Through its own observations, Keldeo reasons that while the Shadow Triad is stronger, their Pokémon aren't giving their best in the battle as if afraid of being abused if they fail; conversely, the Striaton Gym Leaders have a stronger bond with their Pokémon and enjoying the fight. Keldeo also senses an ominous aura from the nearby P2 Laboratory and that the Shadow Triad shares the same mysterious feel. Deciding that the Gym Leaders are on the side of good, Keldeo jumps into the fight and pleads for permission from its masters to intervene. With its masters' blessing, Keldeo easily knocks back the Shadow Triad and their Pokémon.
Satisfied, Keldeo prepares to leave, but is caught up by the Shadow Triad's Lilligant and its Grass Knot. The Shadow Triad make a move to capture Keldeo, prompting the Striaton brothers to protect Keldeo, but both sides are stopped when the other Swords of Justice step in. The three Pokémon commend Keldeo's Secret Sword but Cobalion informs Keldeo that it has one more sword to wield: "Resolution". Despite the Striaton trio's attempt to fall back, Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion launch a powerful Sacred Sword that sends everyone flying.
Warning the humans to never intervene again, Cobalion prepares to depart. The Shadow Triad laments their loss and attribute it to no longer having the Forces of Nature under their command. One of the Triad decides to use their secret weapon to punish the Swords of Justice as a sign of their power, and uses it to launch a blast attack at Keldeo as its group travels over the sea. Before Keldeo is hit, its seniors intercept the attack. To Keldeo's horror, its seniors are frozen in ice and plunge into the water, sinking to the seabed.
- Cilan, Chili, and Cress continue their battle with the Shadow Triad, who evolve their Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour into Simisage, Simisear, and Simipour to gain an advantage.
- The Swords of Justice arrive and witness the battle.
- Keldeo decides the Gym Leaders are on the side of good and jumps in to stop the Shadow Triad.
- The Shadow Triad attempt to capture Keldeo, but are stopped by Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion.
- Cobalion tells Keldeo that it has one more sword and the key to obtaining it is "Resolution".
- Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion defeat both the Striaton Gym Leaders and the Shadow Triad.
- As the Swords of Justice leave, the Shadow Triad unleash their secret weapon on the quartet.
- Keldeo is almost hit by the weapon's attack, but is protected by its three seniors, who are frozen and sink into the waters below.
- For a list of all major events in the Pokémon Adventures manga, please see the timeline.
|Spoilers end here.|
- Lenora (flashback)
- Shadow Triad
- Pansage (Cilan's; evolves)
- Simisage (Cilan's; newly evolved)
- Pansear (Chili's; evolves)
- Simisear (Chili's; newly evolved)
- Panpour (Cress's; evolves)
- Simipour (Cress's; newly evolved)
- Genesect (Colress's; Shiny; shadowed)
- Lilligant (Shadow Triad's)
- Larvesta (Shadow Triad's)
- Basculin (Shadow Triad's)
- Keldeo (Adventures)
- Cobalion (Adventures)
- Terrakion (Adventures)
- Virizion (Adventures)
- The magazine version of this round does not feature the scenes where Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion are frozen and fall into the water. Instead, it features a scene where Cilan, Chili and Cress decide to forfeit their Gym Leader roles.
- In the VIZ Media mini-volumes of the Black & White chapter, this round was collected in Volume 19.
- In the VIZ mini-volume release, this chapter's title was Triple Threat.
- The English title in the VIZ Media volume version shares the same English title as PS517 that takes place two rounds earlier.
- In the Kurokawa translation from France, this round was released in Pokémon Black and White volume 8.
In other languages
|European French||Trois contre trois|
|German||VS. Keldeo II - Der Jäger|
|Italian||VS Samurott II - Il cacciatore|
|Korean||VS 케르디오 II|
|Brazilian Portuguese||VS Keldeo II - Caçador|
|European Spanish||Contra Keldeo (2ª parte)|
|Vietnamese||VS Keldeo II - Thợ săn|
|This article is part of Project Manga, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each series of Pokémon manga.|