- If you were looking for the Pokémon Conquest Warrior, see List of Pokémon Conquest characters → Yoshi.
|Hometown||New Bark Town|
|Anime debut||The Legend of Thunder!|
|English voice actor||Sean Schemmel|
|Japanese voice actor||Kenji Nojima|
Jimmy's starter Pokémon was Cyndaquil, which he received from Professor Elm of New Bark Town at the same time as Vincent and Marina. Despite being close friends, the trio did not travel together and went their separate ways. However, they crossed paths occasionally in their journeys. In one of his meetings with Marina, he caught a Weedle, which eventually evolved into a Beedrill. He was also able to capture and train at least four other Pokémon.
In the midst of his journey, Jimmy and Cyndaquil were defeated by a mysterious young man and his Nidoking, who became one of his most powerful rivals. Jimmy then left on a mission to become increasingly strong. During his journey, he had many one on one battles with other Trainers, only winning half of them. He eventually got his Cyndaquil to evolve into a Quilava and then a Typhlosion, thus allowing him to fight on equal terms with his rival and win. After some time, he earned at least eight Badges and was able to participate in the Silver Conference with Marina a full year before Vincent did.
In The Legend of Thunder!, Jimmy accepted Shinji's one-on-one battle challenge and defeated his Hitmonlee. Jimmy later located the nearest Pokémon Center and had his Pokémon healed. He overheard a familiar voice, which belonged to Marina, who was busy talking to Vincent on the Center's videophone. They had a battle where, although Marina showed the results of their training, Jimmy still took the lead, defeating Marina's Jigglypuff and almost defeating Wani-Wani. The battle was interrupted however by the actions of a group of Team Rocket who were working nearby. In his attempt to save the Legendary Pokémon Raikou, Jimmy's Typhlosion was defeated by Attila and Hun, though Little Miss was able to defeat the duo's Pokémon with Perish Song. He also took the wounded Raikou to the nearby Pokémon Center.
During the treatment of Raikou, Jimmy met the mysterious Legendary Pokémon expert called Eugene, he claimed that Raikou attacked by retaliation, but Jimmy denied it.
Raikou awoke the following morning, stunned. Jimmy tried to talk to it, but it attacked and escaped into the surrounding forest. Jimmy, Marina, and the others tried to follow it and confronted Attila and Hun again. They battled the duo, and they were saved by Vincent, who suddenly arrived. Eventually, the Trainers were able to free Raikou from the Miracle Crystal System and defeat Team Rocket. Jimmy's efforts finally earned the trust of Raikou, and Jimmy said goodbye to it as it returned to the wilderness.
Jimmy has an energetic personality. He has a habit of saying "You rock and you rule!" ("OK! Perfect!" in the original Japanese version) to his Pokémon and giving them a thumbs-up after winning a battle. He can be quick to jump to conclusions but also knows when to be serious and get the job done.
Jimmy cares for his Pokémon very much, and he was determined to protect Raikou from Hun and Attila's scheme. Jimmy doesn't mind losing a round, as he is driven to learn as much as he can. He has a battle style that focuses on offense. As such, his Pokémon are trained to take attacks and still keep fighting.
Typhlosion was Jimmy's starter Pokémon, given to him as a Cyndaquil by Professor Elm. He obtained it on the same day that Vincent got his Chikorita and Marina received her Totodile. Jimmy and Typhlosion are very close to each other.
|Debut||The Legend of Thunder!|
|Jimmy caught Beedrill as a Weedle during his Pokémon journey. It had already evolved twice before The Legend of Thunder!. He used it in a battle against Marina's Jigglypuff, Pink, which Beedrill won. Jimmy relies on Beedrill's speed during battles and flight situations where it proves itself very useful.|
|Debut||The Legend of Thunder!|
Jimmy also has at least four other Pokémon, as he was seen with six Poké Balls during The Legend of Thunder!, two of which contained Typhlosion and Beedrill.
Jimmy met Raikou while it was being targeted by Team Rocket's Miracle Crystal. In an attempt to prevent it from being caught by the villainous duo, Jimmy battled them with his Typhlosion and Marina's help. The duo were able to escape and Jimmy took it to a Pokémon Center. When Raikou became severely injured later on by the crystal's force field, his Typhlosion volunteered to drain the energy from it, thus freeing Raikou and giving him a chance to destroy it once and for all.
|Debut||The Legend of Thunder!|
This listing is of the Badges Jimmy has obtained:
- At least eight Badges (one year before Tie One On!)
Jimmy has competed in the following Pokémon League Conferences:
|Ken Sugimori's design of Jimmy for the anime.|
- Much like Ash is based on Red, Jimmy is based on Ethan. However, a separate character made a cameo in the beginning of Zoroark: Master of Illusions, battling against Ash with a Donphan. Unlike Jimmy, that character wears Ethan's updated clothes from HeartGold and SoulSilver, and is indeed referred to as "Hibiki" (Ethan's Japanese name) in the art gallery feature of the Japanese DVD.
- When Vincent appeared in the Silver Conference, Marina and Jimmy were referred to "Dani" and "Yoshi", respectively, leading many to believe that "Yoshi" was the official English name for Jimmy, and "Dani" was the official English name for Marina. Whether this was the original intention remains unknown.
- Jimmy's English name may come directly from Gold and Silver. There is a minor Trainer named "Kenta" in the Japanese version whose name was localized as "Jimmy" in the English translation - a Youngster on Route 3 with a Raticate and Arbok. The dubbers may have mistaken this character for an unrelated anime character. The same thing happened to Vincent.
- Jimmy is the only anime character based on a player character who has met his opposite-gender counterpart, as he is good friends with Marina, who is based on Kris.
|Japanese||ケンタ Kenta||Meaning "large strong, healthy" (健太)|
|Chinese (Mandarin))||健太 Jiàntài||From 健太 Kenta. Can mean "extremely healthy."|
|Thai||เคนตะ Kenta||Same as his Japanese name|
|This article is part of Project Anime, a Bulbapedia project that covers all aspects of the Pokémon anime.|