April Fools' Day 2015
| This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
April 1, 2015 was an April Fools' Day that fell on a Wednesday. In the Pokémon fandom, some websites pulled hoaxes on gullible fans.
- The Bulbagarden forums had its sections replaced with Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra–themed sections, one section for each nation in the series. Unlike previous years, there was no enforced forum skin, although the custom skin did appear when browsing the themed forums.
- Marriland announced Pokémon Zero and Infinity, and had an accompanying trailer.
- PokéJungle.net announced Pokémon Temporal Diamond and Spatial Pearl with an accompanying trailer.
- The Cave of Dragonflies announced the site had been acquired by Daybreak Recreation & Activities Group Productions, Ltd., a fictitious corporation, as a revival of a previous joke from 2007.
- Pokémon Showdown changed all sprites and models to various fan-drawn sprites like the previous two years, with the exception of Cosplay Pikachu, Primal Reversions, and Mega Evolutions introduced in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (though Mega Latias and Mega Latios already had their fan-drawn sprites).
- Pokémon Online changed Ubers to a tier based on usage rather than a banlist, which resulted in many Pokémon notoriously banned to Ubers being brought to OU, while many common OU Pokémon were banned to Ubers.
- The Udon Journal released a news story about 800 Slowpoke escaping a research center.
- The Youtuber TamashiiHiroka made a video about how to find all Mega Stones in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. The gag was that Tamashii would say a Digimon lookalike to a Pokémon upon saying the name instead of saying the real Pokémon's name.
|April Fools' Day|
| 2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012|
2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018 • 2019 • 2020
|This article is a part of Project Fandom, a Bulbapedia Project that aims to write comprehensive articles on every aspect of the Pokémon Fandom.|