April Fools' Day 2009
April 1, 2009 was an April Fools' Day that fell on a Wednesday.
All of the hoaxes shown below are from fan sites:
- On Bulbanews, an article reported that a clan of Swinub had been found along the coast of Kelang, as "reported by" Pokettari Monsutari, the "official Pocket Monsters Blogspot", and was currently held captive at Area 51. Also reported were two fake episode titles for DP126 and DP127, 「もえよ！モウカザル!」 and 「ぎざみみピチューVSピカチュウカラーのピチュー!?」.
- Actually "announced" the day earlier, Legendary Pokémon announced that Nintendo had sued all Pokémon-fansites, due to these sites "leaking out" event Pokémon such as Shaymin before the events were actually announced.
- Dogasu's Backpack was "opened" and reflected Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
- PKMN.NET announced the Pocket Pikachu.
- The Pallet Tribune announced that another one of Rotom's formes has been leaked out, and that people who call a phone number starting with 206 will be greeted by a message from Team Galactic asking them to reveal their Pokémon Platinum Friend Codes for a chance to win one of 100 Cell Phone Rotoms.
- At The PokéMasters forums, one of the supermoderators pretended to be disgruntled, and moved private threads which attacked certain members into the public Miscellaneous forum. The threads in question were fake, but sparked outrage from some of the offended members. The prank was cut short and was followed by an apology from the staff.
- Collectorviper posted a flyer 'scan' which revealed four new Lv.X Collection Packs, featuring Arceus, Giratina, Dialga and Palkia as new Level X cards set for release in late June.
- Smogon claimed to introduce a new feature on its Shoddy server that overturned wins if it determined that the winner only won due to hax, although in actuality it just made battle results a coin flip if the winner had only one or two Pokémon remaining. The prank was very elaborate, with the "new feature" being "suggested" nearly a month earlier, and many staff arguing (from a script) for or against the clause, with unwitting ordinary users being caught in arguing about is as well, before it being announced March 27 that it would be implemented on a new ladder.
- Psypoke turned the visitor's cursor into a small black dot while drawing a classic pointer icon moving contrary to mouse movements.
- Due to server errors, Bulbapedia did not submit any joke material.
- Serebii.net decided not to partake in anything special regarding to April Fools', unlike previous years.
|April Fools' Day|
|2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013|
2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018 • 2019 • 2020 • 2021 • 2022
|This article is a part of Project Fandom, a Bulbapedia Project that aims to write comprehensive articles on every aspect of the Pokémon Fandom.|