April Fools' Day 2005
April 1, 2005 was an April Fools' Day that fell on a Friday.
- A new Pokémon, Korechū (Japanese: これュウ and これちゆぅ, sic) was revealed in a magazine page scan also depicting a DS port of Hey You, Pikachu!. PokéLord later admitted he had composed it as a joke. The Pokémon Shinx appears to look similar to this Pokémon.
- Chance (Japanese: チャーンス Chānsu), believed to be a pre-evolutionary form of Chansey, is revealed as a new TCG card. Its only attack is "April Fool". This Pokémon resembles Happiny, which evolves into Chansey.
- Pokemopolis posted a cease and desist letter from a law firm representing Nintendo that claimed the site had tarnished Nintendo's image.
- The PokéMasters forums faked a database error.
- Serebii.net forums had an elaborate custom avatar prank which angered many.
- Legendary Pokémon showed a fake magazine page scan (actually about The Legend of Zelda), revealing the shadow of a Pokémon named エイプリルフール — a katakana rendition of April Fool.
- Bulbagarden forums forced all users to adopt a skin for a day, parodying the scheme of Serebii.net forums.
- Bulbapedia was taken over by a cabal, and various texts were changed to reflect this.
- Serebii.net used the classic Digimon-for-Pokémon substitution.
- Pokedex.jp also changed its appearance to focus on Digimon.
- Haruka Fanclub turned into a crudely done Misty fan site for the day.
- Dogasu's Backpack changed into "Mod Soul" Kon's Backpack, a Bleach site.
Real announcements misinterpreted as hoaxes included:
- Pokémon Casewraps - lets consumers customize consoles with Pokémon images, but as the information was released on April 1, there was confusion as to whether it was real.
|April Fools' Day|
|2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013|
2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018 • 2019 • 2020 • 2021
|This article is a part of Project Fandom, a Bulbapedia Project that aims to write comprehensive articles on every aspect of the Pokémon Fandom.|