The Scoop (Japanese: スクープ The Scoop) is the ninth episode of Pokémon Generations. It was first released on The Pokémon Company International's official English YouTube channel on October 28, 2016. It was uploaded to The Pokémon Company's official Japanese YouTube channel on December 16, 2016.
While the Hoenn region rejoices after avoiding meteoric destruction, reporter Gabby and her cameraman Ty uncover the story of a lifetime.
As a meteor heads towards a planet, a powerful blast of energy surges upwards and destroys it, also temporarily disabling a satellite recording footage of the incident.
In the Mossdeep Space Center, Gabby and Ty have secretly infiltrated the building. While Ty keeps a lookout at the door, Gabby attempts to locate and download some secret footage that the space center recorded, which allegedly shows more of the meteor incident. She manages to locate the file and starts downloading it onto her thumb drive, but her actions are detected by Professor Cozmo in the main control room.
Unable to wait any longer, Gabby plays the footage while it downloads, and Ty leaves his post to watch as well. They see that the blast of energy that destroyed the meteor was Mega Rayquaza, and are shocked to notice that a young Trainer is riding the Legendary Dragon. Out of the destroyed meteor, a black triangle emerges and transforms into Deoxys. Deoxys and Mega Rayquaza begin exchanging attacks, but despite its ability to change its Forme and regenerate the lost parts of its body, Deoxys is eventually defeated by Mega Rayquaza's Dragon Ascent and caught by the Trainer's Ultra Ball.
As Gabby is amazed by what she just saw, Ty points out that she was so focused on watching the footage that she had failed to notice that the download had finished quite a while ago. As she picks up her thumb drive, Gabby declares that they should search for the Trainer who caught Deoxys, shocking Ty. As they try to leave, Professor Cozmo confronts them with a group of security guards and demands Gabby to surrender her findings. Gabby pretends to give him her thumb drive, but instead flings it away and picks it back up as she runs away, followed by Ty and the guards. Cozmo thinks to himself that the world is not ready yet to learn of the existence of Pokémon from outer space.
- Gabby and Ty infiltrate the Mossdeep Space Center in order to find out the truth behind the giant meteor's destruction.
- Gabby and Ty learn that the meteor was destroyed by Mega Rayquaza ridden by a Trainer, and that it contained a Pokémon from outer space, which was captured by the Trainer.
- Gabby and Ty
- Professor Cozmo
- Mossdeep Space Center Scientists
- TV Mauville crew (flashback)
- Rayquaza (Trainer's; Mega Rayquaza)
- Deoxys (Trainer's; new; Normal, Speed, Attack, and Defense Forme)
- Ninjask (TV Mauville; flashback)
- Dusclops (TV Mauville; flashback)
- Castform (TV Mauville; Normal; flashback)
- Loudred (TV Mauville; flashback)
- IGN released a preview one day before the full episode was released on The Pokémon Company International's official English YouTube channel, showcasing roughly its first 20 seconds.
- Near the end of the episode, Professor Cozmo incorrectly refers to TV Mauville as "Mauville TV".
In other languages
|European French||Le scoop|
|Brazilian Portuguese||A Exclusiva|
|European Spanish||La exclusiva|
|This episode article is part of Project Anime, a Bulbapedia project that covers all aspects of the Pokémon anime.|