- The Old Chateau redirects here. For the location, see Old Chateau.
|The Old Chateau
The Old Chateau (Japanese: 森の洋館 The Forest Manor) is the tenth episode of Pokémon Generations. It was first released on The Pokémon Company International's official English YouTube channel on October 28, 2016. It was uploaded to The Pokémon Company's official Japanese YouTube channel on December 22, 2016.
Late at night, a young traveler and her Chansey lose their way in Eterna Forest. They soon stumble upon a house—but what waits inside?
Cheryl and her Chansey are journeying through the Eterna Forest. Realizing that it will soon be nighttime, they decide to find a place to stay and chance upon the Old Chateau. Inside, a Butler invites them to stay the night, and treats them to what appears to be a lavish feast. However, Cheryl and Chansey are given empty plates, but nonetheless they give thanks for the food and proceed to eat nothing but thin air, while the butler watches on and chuckles eerily.
After the illusionary meal, the butler offers to escort Cheryl and Chansey to their rooms. Cheryl and Chansey abruptly lose sight of the butler after he makes a turn, but he suddenly reappears behind them and moves on without acknowledging their presence, seemingly sinking into the floor in a mass of purple miasma. Mad cackling echoes through the hallway as a series of weather phenomenon starts surging towards Cheryl and Chansey. Panicking, they try to escape, but fail to run away from the engulfing shadows.
With a start, Cheryl and Chansey wake up on a couch to find that the chateau they tried to spend the night in is actually in a dilapidated state, and they have been resting in the main lobby all this time. Picking up a note, she reads it, only to be accosted by the ghost of a little girl. The episode closes on the terrified screams of Cheryl and Chansey.
- Cheryl visits the Old Chateau and encounters a pair of ghosts.
- Butler's ghost
- Little girl's ghost
- The area of Eterna Forest located near the Old Chateau appears to have been inspired by Aokigahara Forest in Japan, which is said to be haunted.
- The note that Cheryl reads at the end of the episode is the same one that can be found at the Old Chateau in Pokémon Platinum, likely describing Rotom.
- In South Korea, this episode was reordered as the twelfth episode.
- The front page of the Pokémon website erroneously calls this episode by the next episode's title, "The New World".
In other languages
|Dutch||Het oude chateau|
|European French||Le Vieux Château|
|German||Die Alte Villa|
|Korean||숲속의 서양식 저택|
|Brazilian Portuguese||A Antiga Mansão|
|European Spanish||La Vieja Mansión|
|This episode article is part of Project Anime, a Bulbapedia project that covers all aspects of the Pokémon anime.|