While the Pokémon with this Ability has a status condition, its Defense is increased by 50%.
Outside of battle
Marvel Scale has no effect outside of battle.
Pokémon with Marvel Scale
|Please note that this is only 100% accurate to Generation VIII games.
- For Generation III games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation IV or later and Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation IV games, ignore Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation V games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VI or later.
- For Generation VI games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VII or later.
- For Generation VII games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VIII or later.
In other games
A Pokémon with a status problem with this Ability will have a 50% defense bonus when hit by a physical attack.
In Pokémon UNITE, Marvel Scale is Dratini's and Dragonair's Ability. It increases the user's Defense by 100 when afflicted by a status condition. Upon evolving into Dragonite, it becomes Multiscale.
||Boosts Defense if there is a status problem.
||Boosts the Pokémon's Defense when it has any status problems.
|| わるいじょうたいに なったときに ぼうぎょが あがる
||When the Pokémon gets a bad status condition, its Defense goes up!
||When the Pokémon gets a bad status condition, such as poison or paralysis, its Defense goes up.
In the manga
In other languages