Gale Wings increases the priority of Flying-type moves by one. Affected Flying-type attacks and offensive status moves can be blocked by Quick Guard.
This Ability does not increase the priority of Flying-type Hidden Power, Natural Gift, or Judgment, as they are treated as Normal-type moves before being used.
Generation VII onwards
Gale Wings now works only if the user has full HP.
Outside of battle
Gale Wings has no effect outside of battle.
Pokémon with Gale Wings
|Please note that this is only 100% accurate to Generation VIII games.
- For Generation III games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation IV or later and Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation IV games, ignore Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation V games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VI or later.
- For Generation VI games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VII or later.
- For Generation VII games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VIII or later.
In other games
In Pokémon UNITE, Gale Wings is Talonflame's Ability. It increases the user's movement speed by 10% when at 85% HP or above.
In other languages