Is this pronounced as in 'sceptic' or more like 'septic'? Perhaps specifying pronunciation for Pokémon species where it's not obvious would be useful. Punkrockrevel 13:22, 21 August 2007 (UTC)
I pronounce it Skep-tile. The anime pronounces it Sep-tile. --Kimori Geckarbor Hinoarashi 23:04, 14 October 2009 (UTC) Kimori Geckarbor Hinoarashi Kimori-Hinoarashi
Out of all the starting pokemon, wouldn't Sceptile be the fastest with a base stat of 120? Just wondering. --Nidokingdood
- Well, Scepty's an evolution of a starter... but I do think you're right that base-stat-wise, it is the fastest of all final forms. Why not check it out. TTEchidnaGSDS! 23:23, 17 December 2007 (UTC)
english name suggestion
Logically the name of the final evolution would follow the same rules as the previous forms. In this case plant-reptile compound word. there is a type of plant known as a scepa, or a scepinae. this seems more likely to be the true inspiration than the current etymology for sceptile. - unsigned comment from Saffahh (talk • contribs)
Not quite what the guy above is talking about, but it fit under this header. Anyways, to expand upon the "based on Sceptridium" theme, does anyone else think that the yellow balls on Sceptile's back are somewhat reminiscent of Sori? Just my take on that. - Zeofar 03:13, 12 October 2008 (UTC)
Well,I think that it's tail is rather based of a pine tree than a palm tree.Palm tree leaves have rather different formations.Well,that's how I look at it.
Looks more like an evergreen(like a xmas tree) to me. 67h5r6h 22:25, 18 July 2010 (UTC)67h5r6h
I was thinking that Sceptile's tail looks more like a fern plant. The yellow orbs on its back could be the sporangium that are found on fern plants. I'm not sure about it being a legume, though. Fimbulwinter2012 03:44, 30 October 2010 (UTC)
Yay! My first edit! In case you need my edit about the Nitrogen in legminous plants fact-checked, its called "Biological N₂ Fixation." --Kimori Geckarbor Hinoarashi 17:31, 4 October 2009 (UTC) Kimori Geckarbor Hinoarashi
Color change in BW?
Is it just me, or did Sceptile's sprite turn into a darker green in Black and White? If it's not just me, is that trivia-worthy? S and T 07:17, 22 January 2011 (UTC)
- Generally changes like that in sprites aren't considered trivia-worthy, sorry. --ZestyCactus 07:46, 22 January 2011 (UTC)
Can no longer learn TM01 in XY
I think that Sceptile can no longer learn Hone Claws from TM01 in XY. I tried teaching my Kalos-bred Sceptile Hone Claws and it said "UNABLE"
- I have a Kalos-born Sceptile. I'm looking at it right now and it is able to learn Hone Claws via TM. Are you sure it's a Sceptile and not a Grovyle? Or the wrong claw move? Kai * the Arc Toraph 14:59, 12 May 2014 (UTC)
Article needs protection
Trivia about Mega Sceptile
In Sceptile's trivia section, it says that "Sceptile is the only fully evolved single type Hoenn starter." However, Mega Sceptile was revealed to become a Grass/Dragon, so can someone who has access to editing this page either remove it or add that this no longer applies when Sceptile Mega Evolves? --PKMNAdventurer (talk) 15:20, 8 June 2014 (UTC)
We need to confirm whether or not Mega Sceptile (and everything else in the CoroCoro leak, for that matter) is real first. If it is real, however, it might be worth mentioning that it is the only Hoenn starter that doesn't have two types when in its normal state. Or we could state that it is the only starter of the three to gain a new type when it Mega Evolves. Either way, we need proof that Mega Sceptile is not fake. He's here! The one and only...Uncle Edit! (talk) 15:40, 8 June 2014 (UTC)
There are rumors going around that the leak isn't official, so we need to take the safe route by not inserting such information until we can prove that such information is official. Heck, I have heard there was even a time that a leak has been fake. So, we need to be patient in order to determine if the leak is true or not. Please be patient, and we should confirm this soon. He's here! The one and only...Uncle Edit! (talk) 14:07, 9 June 2014 (UTC)
- There was a trailer at E3 that confirms information from the leak. It had animation of some screenshots, Brendan and May has the look from the leak, Mega Swampert and Sceptile were seen. E3 confirmed the leak is real. SeanWheeler (talk) 17:48, 10 June 2014 (UTC)
- So when will we accept it as real? The trailer has proof! SeanWheeler (talk) 22:43, 10 June 2014 (UTC)
Mega Sceptile type combination
If Mega Sceptile being Grass/Dragon can be definitively confirmed as true, then it should be mentioned that Sceptile's Mega Evolution results in a unique type combination - I don't think that happens with any other Pokémon that can Mega Evolve. I'd put this in myself, but I can't edit the page. ThroningErmine8 (talk) 11:45, 11 June 2014 (UTC)
- For all we know, Mega Sceptile might not be the only Grass/Dragon type in ORAS.--電禅Den Zen 11:53, 11 June 2014 (UTC)
Agreed. It is too soon to put in trivia like this. Because there could be other Mega Pokémon in ORAS with this typing, we should wait until the games are out before we add such trivia. He's here! The one and only...Uncle Edit! (talk) 17:24, 11 June 2014 (UTC)
- In the meantime, shouldn't we add the type effectiveness chart for its Mega Evolution?
Mega Sceptile's tail
At http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/pokemon/starter-pokemon/starter-pokemon it say that Mega Sceptile cuts of it tail to use as a missile then the tail will regenerate. That should go under biology right. --Ovidkid (talk) 18:53, 14 June 2014 (UTC)
- Incidentally, I would think it's safe to say this is based on the ability of some lizards to shed their tails as a defence mechanism.Me, Hurray! (talk) 02:04, 6 July 2014 (UTC)