Nobuyuki Hiyama (Japanese: 檜山修之 Hiyama Nobuyuki) is a Japanese voice actor for the Pokémon anime.
Hiyama was born on August 25, 1967, in Hatsukaichi, Hiroshima, Japan. As an adolescent, he did not enjoy pursuing extracurricular activities in school, particularly radio club, but he eventually found his high school radio club experience to be eventful. As a result, he developed an interest in radio drama, and noticed a boom in voice acting job opportunities during the 1970s and 1980s. Hiyama subsequently pursued a career in voice acting, despite a lack of financial support from his parents. He is currently affiliated with Arts Vision.
Hiyama joined the Pokémon anime during the first season, and has since returned a number of times to voice different characters. His most notable roles include two Frontier Brains, Noland and Palmer (of Pokémon the Series: Ruby and Sapphire and Pokémon the Series: Diamond and Pearl, respectively), as well as Island Kahuna Hala of Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon. Hiyama is one out of only a few voice actors outside the main cast to have voiced at least one character in every series.
Other non-Pokémon roles
- Mr. 3 (One Piece)
- Jackal Kuwahara (The Prince of Tennis)
- Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach)
- Guy Shishioh (GaoGaiGar, King of Braves)
- Adult Link (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Smash Bros., Super Smash Bros. Melee)
- Fierce Deity Link (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Hyrule Warriors)
- Siegfried Schtauffen (Soulcalibur, Soulcalibur III)
- Nightmare (Soulcalibur II)
- Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann (Viral, Old Coco)
- Yoshimitsu (Soulcalibur)
- Hiei (YuYu Hakusho)
- Bass (Mega Man 8)
- Uzu Sanageyama (Kill la Kill)
- Arusu (Super Smash Bros. Ultimate)