Nobuyuki Hiyama (Japanese: 檜山修之 Hiyama Nobuyuki) is a Japanese seiyū for the Pokémon anime.
Hiyama was born on August 25, 1967, in Hatsukaichi, Hiroshima, Japan. As an adolescent, he did not enjoy pursuing extracurricular activities in school, particularly radio club, but he eventually found his high school radio club experience to be eventful. As a result, he developed an interest in radio drama, and noticed a boom in voice acting job opportunities during the 1970s and 1980s. Hiyama subsequently pursued a career in voice acting, despite a lack of financial support from his parents. He is currently affiliated with Arts Vision.
Hiyama joined the Pokémon anime during the first season, and has since returned a number of times to voice different characters. His most notable roles include two Frontier Brains, Factory Head Noland and Tower Tycoon Palmer (of the Advanced Generation series and the Diamond & Pearl series, respectively), as well as Island Kahuna Hala of the Sun & Moon series. Hiyama is one out of only a few voice actors outside the main cast to have voiced at least one character in every series.
Other non-Pokémon roles
- Mr. 3 (One Piece)
- Jackal Kuwahara (The Prince of Tennis)
- Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach)
- Guy Shishioh (GaoGaiGar, King of Braves)
- Adult Link (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Smash Bros., Super Smash Bros. Melee)
- Fierce Deity Link (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Hyrule Warriors)
- Siegfried Schtauffen (Soulcalibur, Soulcalibur III)
- Nightmare (Soulcalibur II)
- Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann (Viral, Old Coco)
- Yoshimitsu (Soulcalibur)
- Hiei (YuYu Hakusho)
- Bass (Mega Man 8)
- Uzu Sanageyama (Kill la Kill)