Motoko Kumai (Japanese: まいもとこ Kumai Motoko) is a Japanese seiyū for the Pokémon anime.
Kumai was born on September 8, 1970 in Tokyo, Japan, and became a seiyū as an adult. She has frequently voiced characters in various episodes since the original series of the Pokémon anime. Kumai is currently affiliated with the talent agency 81 Produce. From December 21, 2006, to October 2007, Motoko took a sabbatical after coming down with an illness that required medical treatment.
Other non-Pokémon roles
- Ginta Toramizu (MÄR)
- Gorō Hoshiwatari (YAT Anshin! Uchū Ryokō)
- Kaoru Koganei (Flame of Recca)
- Kid Salsamille (After War Gundam X)
- Obotchaman (Dr. Slump) (1997 TV series)
- Spike (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
- Sumomo (Chobits)
- Syaoran Li (Cardcaptor Sakura)
- Takao Kinomiya (Tyson Granger) (Beyblade)
- Yuna (Stitch!)