From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea Strongest Comic Book cover artwork
Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea (Japanese: ポケモンレンジャーと蒼海の王子 マナフィ Pokémon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea: Manaphy) is the manga adaption of the movie of the same name. It was adapted by 溝渕誠 Makoto Mizobuchi.
The first chapter appeared in a mini-volume that was bundled with the May 2006 issue of CoroCoro. This volume, titled ポケモンレンジャーと蒼海の王子マナフィ最強コミックBOOK Pokémon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea: Manaphy Strongest Comic Book, also included supplemental information about the movie of the same name (which was upcoming at the time) and the newly-released Pokémon Ranger video game. The full story was later published in a collected volume.
List of chapters
- The Legendary Pokémon Manaphy Is Born!!
- Bursting In! Akusha, the Temple of the Sea
- Protect the Sinking Temple!
- Back Home to the Sea
Differences between the anime and the manga
- Judy and Kyle are absent in the manga.
- During May's dream sequence, it is implied that May is naked while in the water while there is obviously no question in the film that she is wearing clothes.
- After his submarine is destroyed, The Phantom threatens to take May hostage and wields a pillar as a weapon, instead of failing to hold the pillar up and being crushed.