|"This is what I live for!"|
Art from PTCGO
|Trainer class||Trading Card Game Player|
Zach works at the Game Store in Pokémon Trading Card Game Online. He greets new players at the entrance of the Game Store along with Ella. When players initially begin the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online, he is part of the first tutorial match. Afterwards, in the Trainer Challenge, he can be faced in the Gold League and the Platinum League for a total of two matches.
"Zach got his job at the game store through Ella. Enthusiastic but a little hapless, he loves the Pokémon TCG and reads fantasy novels. His favorite part of his job is helping new players get acquainted with the store's regulars."
Zach uses a Colorless deck when players face him.
Zach is the first opponent in the Gold League. After defeating Zach, players move on to face Mick.
Zach is the first opponent in the Platinum League. After defeating Zach, players move on to face Logan.
In the HeartGold and SoulSilver era, Zach appeared as part of the Diamond League. This league is no longer available for play.
- Choose League — "To get started, select a league and difficulty from below. The selections will be added to the current option area on the right."
- Gold — "Every player begins in the Gold League. Defeat each trainer in the Gold League and you will unlock the Platinum League!"
- Platinum — "Great job beating the 12 Gold League trainers. Now for the next challenge! Defeat each trainer in the Platinum League and you will unlock the City Championship!"
- City Championship — "Do you have what it takes to be the City Champion? Let’s find out!"
- Choose computer-controlled Trainer opponent — "Please select a trainer to challenge!"
- "Play a game against a random online player."
- Choosing a deck — "Please choose one of your decks below."
- Theme — "Both players can now use preconstructed theme decks in this format."
- Standard — "Decks can only contain cards from current Standard legal expansions in their decks."
- Expanded — "Deck can only contain cards that have been verified as Expanded legal."
- Unlimited — "No cards are off-limits in this format! Play with your dream deck!"
- Now retired "Ranked Battle" option which was folded directly into Random Battle rather than "Random Battle" being an option under "Ranked Battle" — "Ranked games allow you to progress and play against better and better trainers. Players also earn trainer tokens for these matches."
- "Play a game against one of your online friends."
- "Play a game against the computer and test out a deck."
- "Next select a difficulty for the computer."
- Easy — "Easy is a good option if you are new to Pokémon TCG."
- Medium — "Select Medium if you have experience with Pokémon TCG."
- Hard — "Hard is better suited for an expert Pokémon TCG player."
- "Please choose one of your decks below" <with Theme, Standard, and Expanded decks mixed together in the same list>
- "Next select a difficulty for the computer."
- Retired Practice Battle — "Practice games help you learn the basics of the game in a friendly match. If you are new to Pokémon TCG this is a good game type."
Zach's XY decks
Zach's Tutorial deck
(As this match is scripted, Zach only uses the cards below)
Zach's Retired decks
Zach's Early XY era decks
Easy deck (List missing 1 card)
Medium deck (List missing 9 cards)
Zach's Black & White era deck
Platinum League (List missing 30 cards)
|1×||Aspertia City Gym||St|
Zach's initial decks
During the HeartGold & SoulSilver era, Zach used a different deck for each appearance.
Zach's XY Tutorial deck
(As this match was scripted, Zach only used the cards below)
- Tutorial match — "This is my favourite game. I hope you have fun!"
- Gold League, before a game — "Time to play, <player>! This is what I live for!"
- Platinum League, before a game — "Oh yeah! League Champion in the house! Let the games begin!"
- Main article: Retired Tutorials
- "Welcome to the League and... ...Prepare to be trounced! Mwa-Ha-Ha! Good luck!"
- "Welcome to the Platinum League, <player>! Let's see how you hold up under pressure!"
- "Nice try, <player>. But it looks like you met your match! Let's play again!"
- "You fought well, <player>. But don't feel blue! It's time for a rematch!"
- Before a game — "'Grats on your victory in the Platinum League! Don't think you've got this one sewn up, though. No one's taking you lightly this time!"
- Match setup — "Eager to throw your weight around? You'll have to take me down first. Good luck. <Player>!"
- Player loses — "A noble effort, <player>. Unfortunately for you, I was on fire that game. Try again?"
- Player wins — "Hello?! My Fire Deck was snuffed out! Great Job, <player>."
|Game Store Players|
|This article is part of both Project TCG and Project CharacterDex, Bulbapedia projects that, together, aim to write comprehensive articles on the Pokémon Trading Card Game and on each character found in the Pokémon games respectively.|