- This article is about the objects in the Pokémon games. For real world machines selling Pokémon merchandise, see Pokémon vending machines. For the Pokémon Trading Card Game collection, see Vending Machine cards.
A vending machine (Japanese: 自動販売機 vending machine), formatted as Vending Machine in Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Colosseum, XD, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire, is a machine found in several regions of the Pokémon world which is used to sell drinks.
When purchasing a drink in the Generation III and IV games, there is a 1/64 chance that the player may also receive an extra drink for free. In Generation V, this chance is increased to a 1/32 chance. In Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, there is also a chance of an extra drink, with an even slimmer chance of two extra drinks. When this happens, the message "Score! An extra can of <item> dropped down!", "Bonus! Another can of <item> dropped down.", "What luck! Another <item> tumbled down!", or "Score! You got a bonus drink! An extra bottle of <item> dropped down." is displayed, depending on generation. In Black 2 and White 2, there is a Medal for having this happen.
|| This section is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this section to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: Missing Colo/XD, Gen VII, and Gen VIII images of Vending Machines.
This listing is of the locations where Vending Machines can be found:
Core series games
Vending Machines in the core series games will sell three kinds of drinks.
In Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, there are Vending Machines which only sell one kind of drink, as well as some whose prices vary from the normal Vending Machines.
In Pokémon Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, and Ultra Moon, there are Vending Machines which do not sell all types of drinks, and some have prices that vary from normal Vending Machines.
- At the Melemele Ferry Terminal, the machine is initially sold out, but will later offer Fresh Water, at the normal price.
- At the Melemele Island motel, the machine is sold out.
- At the office of Game Freak, only Fresh Water is sold, at 50 less than the normal price.
- At the Akala Ferry Terminal, only Fresh Water is sold, at the normal price.
- At the Akala Island motel, Fresh Water and Soda Pop are sold, at twice the normal price.
- At the Ula'ula Ferry Terminal, all three slots in the machine are occupied by Soda Pop, sold at the normal price.
- At the Ula'ula Island motel, prices are twice the normal price.
At the Pokéathlon Dome, drinks can be bought with Athlete Points as well as with Pokémon Dollars.
Vending Machines also appear in Orre, in both Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD. Moomoo Milk can only be bought in Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness.
In the anime
In the manga
- Although Vending Machines are listed as dropping a can of the drink in question regardless of what drink is purchased, the item menu sprites depict only Lemonade coming in a can.
- However, all three drinks were depicted to be in cans in their Generation I artwork.
- Out of the items sold in the Department Store Vending Machines, Fresh Water is the best deal from a /HP comparison, at 4/HP. Soda Pop is the worst deal, at 5/HP, and Lemonade is in the middle, at 4.375/HP.
- Of the Cable Car entrance Vending Machines, Fresh Water comes in at 8/HP. Soda Pop, which is still the worst deal, at 10/HP, and Lemonade at 8.75/HP.
- Of the Team Magma and Aqua Hideout office vending machines, Fresh Water comes in at 3/HP. Soda Pop, which is still the worst deal, at 4.167/HP, and Lemonade at 3.75/HP.
- Out of the items sold in the Ferry Terminal Vending Machines, Soda Pop is the better deal, at 6/HP. Fresh Water is the worse deal, at 6.67/HP.
- Of the motel Vending Machines, Lemonade comes in at 10/HP. Fresh Water, which is still the worst deal, at 13.33/HP, and Soda Pop at 12/HP.
- Of the Game Freak office vending machine, Fresh Water comes in at 5/HP.
- Kalos is the only core series region to date where Vending Machines cannot be found.
In other languages