|Welcome to Bulbapedia, Thwackeyrabootdrizzile!
Thank you for joining our community! By creating an account you are now able to edit pages, join discussions, and expand the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia. This is a brief introduction to Bulbapedia's rules and resources to help you get started:
Thank you, and have a good time editing here!
- I want to reiterate the above message——leaked and other unrevealed pre-release content should not be added to Bulbapedia. If you continue to add such content, you may receive a block. --Abcboy (talk) 05:11, 15 November 2023 (UTC)
Hi there! Just wanted to ask that you please avoid leaving messages or edit summaries in all caps, as this can be interpreted as yelling or as aggressive. Thank you. Landfish7 01:10, 13 October 2023 (UTC)
As you have continued to add information from leaks and rumors after your previous warning, you have been blocked for a duration of one week. Please take this time to understand that leaks and rumors, regardless of however much trust you have in whoever you heard it from, should not be added to Bulbapedia. --Abcboy (talk) 02:24, 17 November 2023 (UTC)
Feel free to discuss leaks on either the forums or the Discord server (as long as it's in accordance to their rules), and please familiarize yourself with Bulbapedia's unreleased materials policy.
Please do not create talk pages if there is no associated article (and there isn't bound to be one), and in particular, please don't use talk pages to discuss predictions/potential leaks about future games, which goes against our talk page policy. Thank you! Nescientist (talk) 20:53, 27 November 2023 (UTC)
Hi, I just wanted to ask why you're changing around trademark names, like for Poltchageist and Hitmontop? Do you have any sources that these trademarks have been updated? I looked around a bit and wasn't able to find any. —Minibug (talk) 00:05, 30 November 2023 (UTC)
Second block regarding leaks
We don't allow leaks even in the userspace. Your comment when creating a page in your userspace for the Loyal Three with leaked info added, "adding the leaks on my userpage, feel free 2 copy paste from this article when indigo disk only comes out in 7 FRIGGIN DAYS bro, leaks SHOULD be allowed here like their allowed on pokeos", clearly demonstrates that you knew that what you were doing was wrong. As a result, you are being blocked again for a week. Please learn from this. Just don't add leaked info. It's fine. You'll live. There are other places to talk about it if you're that excited, like our forums.
Userspace policy Block
You have been blocked for one week for violating the Userspace policy regarding content. Fan games of any kind are not allowed in the userspace or subpages of userspaces. If you want to try making a game, you could try the Fun and Games section on the Bulbagarden forums if you want to make a Fakemon game thread and encourage others to make their own Fakemon. Frozen Fennec 03:48, 20 January 2024 (UTC)
- First, the monsters I use(d) my new template for are not Fakemon. I made that template to be able to use Bulbapedia templates with monsters and trainers from my own monster-catching RPG that I'm making with my school friend. The Attribute colors I made were for the 7 attributes ( Air , Fire , Earth , Water , Lightning , Iron , and Toxic ) and are meant to be used with my monster template. I didn't know that creating those templates violated the userspace policy, and if you know another way I can use those templates on my Bulbapedia userpage or a completely new wiki that would be greatly appreciated. :) --Thwackeyrabootdrizzile 01:27, 21 January 2024 (UTC)
- Honestly the thing your creating isn’t really something for Bulbapedia, and I would say that most wiki’s in general would disallow it, as such I can’t speak for a potential host. Just know that while we allow people to make user pages to express themselves, on Bulbapedia the user space is intended primarily to help editors stage their work and other content that is at least relevant to the greater Wiki project at large. This kind of game that your trying to create has no value to Bulbapedia as a wiki and that’s why it’s disallowed. If you’re unsure about if something is allowed please do consult our userpage policy which Fennec has linked, else reach out to a staff member and they can tell you if it’s allowed or not. 4iamking 02:00, 21 January 2024 (UTC)
In light of your later edits to Bulbapedia:Sandbox, I would like to emphasize that personal fan projects should not be on Bulbapedia in any capacity, per Bulbapedia:Userspace policy. The sandbox or any other type of page does not constitute an exception if you are only doing it because you can't do it in your userspace. You're welcome to draw inspiration from Bulbapedia's style, but you will have to find resources on your own outside of Bulbapedia. We're just not the place for your project. Tiddlywinks (talk) 18:53, 24 January 2024 (UTC)
- Then can u give me exactly which resource to use? i tried fandom, but the font just looked so bad and i couldnt change it 2 arial, if u can tell me how 2 make a bulbapedia-style wiki i'd appreciate it. :) --Thwackeyrabootdrizzile 21:25, 24 January 2024 (UTC)
- No we can’t. Bulbapedia isn’t in that business to facilitate this, what host you should use for this is for you to figure out, but many wiki’s probably won’t be very welcoming to you just using their space for personal projects. That being said Bulbapedia like many wiki’s is run on MediaWiki software and many of the Bulbapedia specific style elements such as our rounded tables are defined in the common Cascading Style Sheet. 4iamking 21:56, 24 January 2024 (UTC)