Welcome to Bulbapedia, Smoreking!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- Read over the style primer before making your edits. It is a basic outline of Bulbapedia style. For a more in-depth set of rules, see the manual of style.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Smoreking/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of administrators that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
Hmm, I see you've given me the generic welcome template. A tad lazy to create your own welcome message?Smoreking 18:34, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- Oh yeah, this is a greaaaat start. PL12 18:36, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, I'm usually on Smashwiki, and let's just say...they don't have the nicest users...Smoreking 18:38, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- May we start over? Either delete or strike my page maybe and re-do the welcome template and such? Or just completely ignore this?Smoreking 18:40, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
Ok.Smoreking 18:44, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
Sorry if I'm late. I don't come here much. The admins here are so darn strict. Well anway, sorry to hear you're in trouble. I got in trouble too by this admin who continues to seek out what I do wrong. The SysOps on smash wiki are jerks and I'd say the best ones are on Kirby Wiki. I'll tell you what, if any of the admins here who are mean to me go to Star Fox or Kirby wiki, I'll ban them so fast. ☆X-Knight☆511♂ 23:40, 28 September 2008 (UTC)