Please stop using "VA". It's unprofessional. instead, write voice actor or voice actress. Personally I just like to do it this way:
She/He/It is voiced by **** in English and **** in Japanese.
I'd like to know the sources you get your information from about the English voice actors. All of the times I've tried to search for them I can never find them.
- Sources? Heh heh, this is embarrassing, but I don't really have sources besides my own hearing... Not for lack of trying, mind you, but it's very rare to find a site or what have you that's not already fan-based that lists outright who voices what. Many of the VAs also don't seem to have readily available contact info from what I know. So yeah, with the rare exception, I have to call 'em as I hear 'em, and many of them are pretty easy to hear out.
- With the male voices, for example, you've got folks like Eric Stuart and Jimmy Zoppi who are almost impossible to miss, and after that, you can usually fill in the rest between Bill Rogers, the also-distinctive Rodger Parsons, and the VA of the day. 4Kids eps are harder, most eps before season 7 lacking distinct ep credits and being harder to find to watch, but also easier in that you hear many of their VAs in their various other shows. I like to think I've got a decently attuned ear for these things, but I probably miss the mark more than once like anyone else. That's why I think a working group of people who can provide some check and balance with each other would be a good thing to have, especially in cases like the voice acting where no direct credit is available. Shift 01:49, 6 July 2008 (UTC)
- On YouTube; just search for "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 dub", it'll be on the page. Shift 22:13, 2 August 2008 (UTC)
These are the credits in order under Additional Voices for DP064:
Emily Williams wasn't even listed. I don't think you are watching the right episode. Also another user saw Marc Thompson in the creds as well. So what's going on here? Maybe its possible that the credits are different depending on the region the episode airs. That's just my theory. Or you are watching the wrong episode. --☆ケンジガール 17:37, 5 August 2008 (UTC)
- I happened to watch the reairing of the episode the following weekend, and the credits listed Emily Williams where Thompson's spot is. Officer Jenny was in the episode, so Williams not being listed was OBVIOUSLY a mistake, and seemed to be corrected in the following re-airing. Shift 19:12, 5 August 2008 (UTC)
Voice Actor sources
As I've already pointed out for you, you have to source your info. Playing by ear is not a credible way to source, since other voice actors may be able to make similar sounding voices. It appears that "playing by ear" is how you've been sourcing your info in the past, and I'm afraid you're going to have to cease doing that. To get a source, ask the voice actors or voice director directly via social media or check their website if they have any. The reason why these 4kids era stuff might have dubious info is that no one has bothered to check if they are correct, and the ones that do play by ear (and thus get reverted). I know finding info for the 4kids era stuff is hard, but that's too bad. That's just the way it is.--ForceFire 03:56, 27 January 2019 (UTC)
- I respect that you're following rules. All the same, I'd like to speak with your commanding officer, because I have some serious issues with how inconstantly this rule seems to be applied. -Shift (talk) 04:29, 27 January 2019 (UTC)