Welcome to Bulbapedia, RWMVG1DC!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The P, of course, is accessed easily by holding Shift and pressing the P key, while the é can be accessed using Alt + 130 or Alt + 0233 on a Windows computer, and Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B (which is, again, accessed by holding Shift and pressing the B key). The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. You will have to register separately for it, as well. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:RWMVG1DC/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem, can be found here.
Thank you, and have a good time editing here! --CoolPikachu! 20:23, 24 May 2008 (UTC)
- Great-ish. Still needs a lotta improvement, such as... accents, blah blah blah, MOS, blah blah blah *ramble* TTEchidna 01:20, 7 June 2008 (UTC)
- Sorry, I'm still new. Feeling my way around, you know. I can always slap in an accent; gathering the information for the article is the hard part. Thanks for fixing it up, TTE! RWMVG1DC 14:07, 7 June 2008 (UTC)
Talk Page Comments
Please don't erase talk page comments for no reason. Trust me, you do NOT want to end up like Big Johnno, who got into an edit war with a sysop over comments the former had erased and was trying to keep erased. That user ended up blocked and subsequently had every erased comment restored. --Shiningpikablu252 01:50, 6 July 2008 (UTC)
Please don't use the User talk namespace as a substitute for the User namespace. Trust me, if the edits you were making to this page recently were viewed to be OK, people would get ideas that it's OK to use the User talk page as a substitute User page until the lockdown on the User namespace ends. This would lead to a similar lockdown on the User talk namespace, which in turn would lead to vandals running rampant due to the inability to contact sysops when necessary. --Shiningpikablu252 01:50, 6 July 2008 (UTC)
Stop fanwanking! There is no Ninja named Iga! He referred to two real-world Ninja clans, which represent two different types of Ninja. I'm also very sure that he made the same reference in the Japanese (with "Kouga" and "Iga") version too, and since Japanese name of Koga (the person) is "Kyou", then there is no chance he was referring to him. The hyphotetical existence of a Ninja Character named Iga is your false conclusion based on the English names, which have no bearing at Pokemon canon at all. --Maxim 11:58, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
Sorry for taking an average American approach to life. :< I just thought it was interesting and that no one made any mention of it. Since we have dumb fanwanking things such as "Volkner bears a resemblence to the Yondaime, Minato, of Naruto" on bulbapedia, I thought an observation about what a ninja boy says that isn't usual idle chatter may be worth trivia. Again, sorry for making an interpretation. In which case, can the fact the ninja boy makes a reference to two real-world Ninja clans be worth trivia? Or did it have to be removed entirely? RWMVG1DC 21:27, 7 August 2008 (UTC)