|Welcome to Bulbapedia, Mygs!|
By creating your account you are now able to edit pages, join discussions, and expand the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia. Before you jump in, here are some ground rules:
Thank you, and have a good time editing here!
The Preview Button
Instead of editing a page several times in a row, try using the preview button to make sure your edit looks the way you want it to. It's right next to the Save Page button. Please try it out, so as not to clog up the Recent Changes. Also, if you want to edit multiple sections of the page, make sure that you click "edit this page" at the top of the page rather than editing it by section. Thanks! --Carmen★ (Talk | contribs) 02:44, 23 March 2016 (UTC)
Spelling, capitalization, etc
When editing on this wiki, there are a variety of game-specific names and such that we really need to pay attention to and get right, or else the wiki just looks terribly amateur. So I'd just like to highlight some of your mistakes from your recent edits to Pokémon X and Y's plot... (I've bolded the ones that are especially important or that are common mistakes by many editors.)
- Café is the proper spelling (not cafe; you can find é in the "Character palette" below the edit window)
- Trainer is always capitalized
- Route names are always capitalized
- Pokémon names are always capitalized
- Both words in Poké Flute are capitalized
- Pokémon Day Care is the proper spelling (not Pokemon day-care)
- Connecting Cave is capitalized
- Move names are always capitalized
- Mega Evolution is the proper spelling and capitalization (not mega-evolution)
- A hyphen is only used for a phrase like "a Mega-Evolved Pokémon" (as an adjective). Don't use it for any other case.
- Intriguing Stone is capitalized
- Mega Stone is the proper spelling and capitalization (not megastone)
- Mega Ring is capitalized
- Pokémon is the proper spelling (not Pokemon)
- Trainer classes (like Hiker and Pokémon Breeder) are capitalized
- Gym is always capitalized
I don't really want to browbeat you for all your mistakes or anything. I just want be sure you're aware of the mistakes you have made so that in the future perhaps you won't make them again. These things should be done right, especially for frequent contributors. Thanks.
Hello. In the future, please do not create articles with next to no information. Articles should not be made until we have enough information to substantiate an entire page. You are welcome to draft articles in your userspace, however. Thanks. Crystal Talian 14:52, 2 June 2016 (UTC)
TCG cards or any redirects
For TCG cards that are the similar (which we call reprints) are to be created with a redirect page, and not to move the page to the reprint name and then back to the name of the original print.
Lillie (Sun & Moon 122) is not be moved to Lillie (Ultra Prism 125). And then moved back to Lillie (Sun & Moon 122).
Instead, what you need to do is to create a redirect page. Search for "Lillie (Ultra Prism 125)" (or by pressing the red link on the Ultra Prism (TCG) page) and type in #REDIRECT [[Lillie (Sun & Moon 122)]] This will automatically redirect "Lillie (Ultra Prism 125)" to "Lillie (Sun & Moon 122)".
An example would be Prinplup (Ultra Force 9) (go to the history page). Thanks. — Ruixiang95 22:35, 20 January 2018 (UTC)
TCG English cards reveal
In the future when TCG cards are officially revealed by Pokemon.com, please edit all the information on the page and not the attack's name and description only. If not, when users see the edit, they assumed that the whole page is done changing to its English release. Thanks. — Ruixiang95 09:24, 6 April 2018 (UTC)