Welcome to Bulbapedia, Giratinarules123!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- Read over the style primer before making your edits. It is a basic outline of Bulbapedia style. For a more in-depth set of rules, see the manual of style.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Giratinarules123/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- There are certain restrictions on the content and amount of userspace content a user is allowed. For details, see the Userspace policy
- Unless prior permission is given, no user is permitted to edit another user's page. Furthermore, edits to other users' pages are permitted only if there are problems that spread to other parts of Bulbapedia, such as broken links that appear on the wanted pages, switching out duplicate images that appear on the Archives, etc.
- Fan fictions, missions, riddles, games, and anything else deemed not suitable for the wiki will not be allowed. If you would like to add something, but do not know if it is acceptable, ask an administrator.
- A list of administrators that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
Slow down on editing the
User: namespace. There are only three userspace edits allowed per day, and you have gone over the limit. Editing your userpage too much will lead to it being locked again. Instead of making multiple small edits, why not instead use the preview button (Alt + Shift + P) to check your edits before saving the page? Thank you. --Gywall(Talk) 13:15, 28 October 2008 (UTC)
You have been warned 3 times to stop editing your user page, but you did not comply. In return, I have locked your user page. If you start making more edits to the mainspace, then your page will be unlocked. -- MAGNEDETH 00:51, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
iv'e heard of this,okay so what is a mainspace,by the way thanks for reminding me-Giratinarules123 02:11, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
- Be sure you sign your posts with ~~~~ once you're done. And at least put a line break between your comment and the one before it, if you don't use colons to indent it like this one is. --((Marton imos)) 01:50, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
You're really kinda lost, aren't you? Try reading the welcome notice and especially the Manual of Style. It should help you find your way here. --ニョロトノ666 01:09, 29 October 2008 (UTC) i have read it already.Giratinarules123 02:02, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
We are an encyclopedia, and we need factual information here. The articles are not conclusions nor game guides. If you are not sure of editing and article, please make any questions in the respective Talk Page and always preview your edits so they're correct. Please, also read the Manual of Style for a correct editing. hfc2X 03:42, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
It's flattering that you copied code from my user page to use in your own.. but.. There's a lot pointing back to my user page. First is the birthday and age tags - you didn't completely edit the age tag. Then the birthday tag has the same comment. And June 23rd is the 174th day of the year, September 8th is the 251st day of the year. There's also other comment tags which are leftovers from my page. Gywall(Talk) 21:03, 4 November 2008 (UTC)
- Pssst... if you want to put those Usertags in a little column like mine then use this: <div class="userbox"> then press enter and insert templates then press enter and put </div> Haha, piece of cake. Dialgarules 00:50, 8 November 2008 (UTC)