These are some things I will do in future:
- Version names (finished for the main series)
- Places (same)
- Game characters (same)
- Badge names (same)
Your project is really stimulating. Let me try:
- Brock – Petrus, Misty – Marina, Lt.Surge – Fulgentius, Erika – Floriana, Janine – Virginia, Sabrina – Sibylla/Cassandra, Blaine – Plinius, Giovanni – Terentius.
- Lorelei – Friderica, Bruno – Antæus, Agatha – Medea, Lance – Georgius.
- Falkner – Cælestinus, Bugsy – Innocentius, Whitney – Candida, Morty – Damianus, Chuck – Belisarius, Jasmine – Calypso, Pryce – Gelasius, Clair – Drusilla.
- Will – Mentor, Koga – Venantius, Karen – Fusca.
- Roxanne – Patricia, Brawly – Martialis, Wattson – Ampelius, Flannery – Flaminia, Norman – Iustinus, Winona – Columba, Tate&Liza – Tatius&Livia, Juan – Pelagius.
- Sidney – Humbertus, Phoebe – Lara, Glacia – Nævia, Drake – Draco, Wallace – Aquilinus, Steven – Fernandus.
- Noland - Septimius, Greta - Audentia, Brandon - Anselmus, Anabel - Alberta, Tucker - Callistus( :-) ), Spenser – Spiridion, Lucy – Fausta.
- Roark – Rupertus, Gardenia – Silvana/Hortensia, Maylene – Lucretia, Wake – Nereus, Fantina – Valpurga, Byron – Metellus, Candice – Glyceria, Volkner – Eleutherius.
- Aaron – Papinius, Bertha – Sabina, Flint – Ignatius, Lucian – Horatius, Cynthia – Victoria.
- Monica – Luciana, Tuscany – Martina, Wesley – Mercurialis, Arthur – Iuvenalis, Frieda – Veneranda, Santos – Turnus, Sunny – Dominicus.
- Tabitha – Paris, Courtney – Prisca, Maxie – Pyramus, Matt – Hyacinthus, Shelly - Hilaria, Archie – Isidorus.
- Riley – Sergius, Buck - Secundus, Marley - Emilia, Mira - Aventina, Cheryl - Zenobia, Palmer- Palmerius.
- Koichi – Pancratio, Lostelle – Ambrosia, Mr. Briney – Remus, Captain Stern – Portianus, Rydel - Bertus, Hayley - Agrippina
- Mitch - Proculus, Gene - Sextus/Lepido, Amy - Doris, Isaac - Homerus, Nikki - Viola, Murray - Archangelus, Rick - Scipio, Ken - Arduinus.
- Courtney - Agnes, Steve - Philemon, Jack - Algimirus, Rod - Iason.
I think you have swapped the names of Electivire & Magmortar. I thought they were from incendium and volt...
pps: I think it would be amazing if you could add an explanation of every name.
- Petra, marinus, fulgur, flos, virus, :-), :-), terra.
- Frigidus, :-), :-), :-).
- Cælestis, insectus, candidus, dæmon, bellum, chalyps, gelu, dracon.
- Mens, venenum, fuscus.
- Petra, martialis, ampere, flamma, iustus, columba, levitatis, pelagius.
- Umbra, larva, nix, dracon, aqua, ferrum.
- Sapientia, audeo, animus, habilitas, calliditas, spiritus, faustus.
- Rupes, silva/hortus, luctatio, :-), :-), metallum, glacies, electrica vis.
- Papilio, sabulum, ignis, oraculum, victoria.
- Dies Lunae, Dies Martis, Dies Mercurii, Dies Iovis, Dies Veneris, Dies Saturni, Dies Domini.
- Pyros, Hydros.
- Sorghus, secale, milium, avena, zea, palma.
- Pancratium, amissio, remus, portus, birota, agricola.
- Proelium, saxus/lapis, :-), ohm, viola, arcanus, scientia, ardens.
- Ignis, fulmen, algidus, :-).
--Siegfried 18:53, 10 August 2008 (UTC)
OK, I do have names for a lot of those characters, but I'll have a look and might consider changing some if I think yours are better. Thanks for the suggestions! Also, I can't remember where I got Electivire's name from, but I know Magmortar is correct: volcanus + mortarium + animal. I'll try to do explanations, but some were done so long ago I may have forgotten! Flicky1991 09:10, 11 August 2008 (UTC) Edited - Flicky1991 09:11, 11 August 2008 (UTC)
OK, I've changed some names where I liked yours better - your ones are in italics. I especially liked Plinius and Calypso. Also, there was one which I thought sounded good, but couldn't work out where you got it from: Antæus. If the explanation is satisfactory, I will replace the current Publius. Flicky1991 09:27, 11 August 2008 (UTC)
OK, I've done those ones. Just a pointer: "Philemon" wouldn't work for "fulmen" - in Latin, "ph" isn't pronounced like "f": it's pronounced like "p". Keep the name, though, in case it works for a later one - maybe a future Grass-type trainer? (as in philyra) Flicky1991 18:36, 11 August 2008 (UTC)
Awesome idea. I love it. But I have some suggestions.
- In some versions (Japanese, Korean, French) Sea Routes have different name than Land Routes. What about the name "Aqueduct" (or something related) for Water Routes?
- The name "Veria" sounds too plain for Celadon. What about something related to Rainbow? Maybe... Iridea?
- Please name Ash and Gary. Those names come from games too (as optional names), so I think they should be also named
- I find the name "Lucifer" for Cal a bit... offensive. I understand the light pun but what about something else with Lux root? Luciander, maybe?
- Electrus for Wattson sounds way too plain.
- Why did you have a problem with "Metellus" being too similar to "Metella"? She's a minor character after all and there is no problem with similar names, IMO. Other language translators didn't have any problems with that.
Okay, thanks for reading (and considering) my suggestions. I love your idea a lot! --Maxim 15:04, 9 January 2009 (UTC)