Welcome to Bulbapedia, Dumpman20!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- Read over the style primer before making your edits. It is a basic outline of Bulbapedia style. For a more in-depth set of rules, see the manual of style.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Dumpman20/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- There are certain restrictions on the content and amount of userspace content a user is allowed. For details, see the Userspace policy
- Unless prior permission is given, no user is permitted to edit another user's page. Furthermore, edits to other users' pages are permitted only if there are problems that spread to other parts of Bulbapedia, such as broken links that appear on the wanted pages, switching out duplicate images that appear on the Archives, etc.
- Fan fictions, missions, riddles, games, and anything else deemed not suitable for the wiki will not be allowed. If you would like to add something, but do not know if it is acceptable, ask an administrator.
- A list of administrators that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
I have an account on hacking 101
- sorry, didn't knowDumpman20
- Especially DCM's. It ticks him off. Although im trying to be nice, thanks to TROM. Not to prove him wrong, of course.--DCM((Shut the **** upSpy on My Edits))
- As the owner of the page in question I am rather ticked off. But as long as you truly didn't understand the rules, and will not do it again you have my full forgiveness. Have a nice day; I look forward to working with you. — THE TROM — 04:57, 23 November 2008 (UTC)
- also, it would be wise to delete all those stupid links on your page. What are they even for?DCM((Shut the **** upSpy on My Edits))
Chill, I just like doing stuff like that on my page,but if it interferes with how this wiki is running I'll delete it-Dumpman20
- (The links don't even go anywhere!) To leave an automated signature after your messages, type
~~~~. It also puts a timestamp on, so everyone knows when you wrote it. — THE TROM — 03:56, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
Uh thanks. Learned someting new today. I know they don't link anywhere, but I like them- Dumpman20 04:00, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
- You know, 8 year olds hang around on this site to learn how to beat their game. I'd advise you against putting those things on your page. Admins aren't so fond of it--RexRacer -talk 04:33, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
like what? vulgar or anything like it? I'll delete if you notify me the problem okay.- --Dumpman20 04:36, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
- The links aren't vulgar, just messy and painful to look at. Your most recent edit is not only vulgar, but nonsensical. — THE TROM — 04:37, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
Okay, it's deleted. Check for yourself- --Dumpman20 04:39, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
- Thank you. Now would you like to contribute to the mainspace? In other words, find an article and edit it! There are 42,449 to choose from. Have fun! — THE TROM — 04:41, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
Though I click random and Pokemon TCG article keep coming up and I know anything about TCG- --Dumpman20 04:44, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah, me neither. It's annoying how many there are. Just find something you know about. And by the way, there is a limit on Userspace edits one can make each day. See below. (But we forgive you because you were taking out the garbage) — THE TROM — 04:46, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
I noticed you have been editing the
User: namespace a lot today. You may not be aware of this, but Bulbapedia has a Userspace policy that asks users to only edit their pages three times a day, at most. Instead of making multiple edits, why not use the Preview button (Alt + Shift + P) located right next to the edit button to look at your page and see how it is coming? That way, your page can look great while staying within the required amount of edits. Just wait until tomorrow, k? Thanks! --— THE TROM — 04:46, 28 November 2008 (UTC)