User talk:Drake Clawfang
Welcome to Bulbapedia, Drake Clawfang!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The P, of course, is accessed easily by holding Shift and pressing the P key, while the é can be accessed using Alt + 130 or Alt + 0233 on a Windows computer, and Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a captial B (which is, again, accessed by holding Shift and pressing the B key). The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem, can be found here.
Link templates are wonderful
Seviper and Bide
Unfortunately sandbox edits still count as far as the userspace policy is concerned. Because you're being helpful, we can overlook this but I encourage you to continue to help in the mainspace. It may be worthwhile, as you aren't coding anything and just typing in text, to use a word-processing tool before finally uploading to keep our server load down. Thanks. —darklordtrom 06:47, 20 September 2009 (UTC)
- Um.....huh? Drake Clawfang 06:49, 20 September 2009 (UTC)
Please don't take information from Serebii and paste them here. It is called stealing (or plagiarism, take your pick). You have to do your own research and find out what they are. If you don't have the games, let someone else do it.--ForceFire 03:27, 31 January 2013 (UTC)
Talk Page Conversations
"Keep the conversation in one place. It's difficult to read a conversation when every other comment is on a different page and it means the page history can be used to check the history of the discussion. This also allows third (or fourth) parties to join in if relevant." -Talk Page policy. Please keep all conversations on one talk page. For example, if you reply to this message, do it here, instead of my talk page. Thank you. --Pokemaster97 03:13, 1 February 2013 (UTC)
Conquest move templates
Just so you've got easy links to this stuff, these templates you've been waiting on have been mainspaced: Template:Conquestmove (with all its grids, described on the talk page), and Template:CSP. So, whenever you're able, feel free to put them to use. =) Tiddlywinks (talk) 04:27, 12 March 2016 (UTC)
Master Trainer trivia
I personally see the trivia points deleted by Force Fire (talk · contribs) as valid points of trivia that should be kept there. Can you provide any ideas in how to convince him or some other admin into approving them? --FinnishPokéFan92 (talk) 13:56, 2 January 2019 (UTC)
- If there is some valid connection between the characters you believe the names are reference and the Pokemon they have, bring it up to him. Drake Clawfang (talk) 14:32, 2 January 2019 (UTC)
- I've already tried doing that. Maybe its my wording or something about the trivia itself, but FF has not accepted them yet. One thing is they just involve names and not their classes or Pokémon they use. That seems to be the reason why he's not accepting them. Do you have any suggestions how the trivia points and/or my reasonings for them should be worded? --FinnishPokéFan92 (talk) 14:50, 2 January 2019 (UTC)