User talk:Dman dustin
Welcome to Bulbapedia, Dman dustin!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The P, of course, is accessed easily by holding Shift and pressing the P key, while the é can be accessed using Alt + 130 or Alt + 0233 on a Windows computer, and Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a captial B (which is, again, accessed by holding Shift and pressing the B key). The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Dman dustin/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem, can be found here.
Thank you, and have a good time editing here! TESHIGIGAS 18:06, 7 March 2008 (UTC)
I can't log into the forums
For some reason, it just comes out of nowhere that the user login quota has been used up. It tells me to wait 15 minutes, I do and I still can't log in, is there something wrong with the forums or something? Because I'm getting annoyed. --Dman dustin 00:17, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
- I apologize, but I was always confused on the situations involving same IP addresses, it really didn't seem to make sense to start a new conversation on the subject. --Dman dustin 00:17, 28 February 2012 (UTC)