User talk:CycloneGU/List of routes< User talk:CycloneGU
I know, "there's nothing wrong with the current version of the page". I beg to differ; the general understanding of a compass' directions are North/South, and East/West, so I've rearranged the tables completely like that. There will be another copy of the template made shortly that will have the "south1" parameter in the intended location for the references in the table to work; anyone may test this with previews and simply not save the changes. Right now, because of the new ordering, only the "north1" parameter is working, but if the newer template were to replace the current version, this version of the page will function perfectly while the other version would become broken. The template used will be identical to Routelist in every way. The only change will be South moving two columns over, and thus two lines higher in the source, with renumbering done to make the parameters work. This places South next to North.
New items on the page itself include references to New Mauville (Hoenn Route 110), a note regarding Seabreak Path (Route 224, only legitimately available in Platinum), and a couple extra references to Black 2 and White 2 in the named routes table, among others I'm forgetting. Correct labelings are now created for Kalos Route 6/15 where referenced as links to Routes 7/16; previously, "Kalos" appeared in the table with it, so I set "north1" to allow "Kalos" to be removed in both cases. I've noted where the three Secret Spots (Islet, Meadow, Shore) are in Generation VI. There may be more changes or additions needed, but this is just a start.
Finally, I went back to Hoenn and changed a couple of directional notations. The one that stands out in my mind is Route 115 being south of Meteor Falls. You have to go south in Meteor Falls to get to Route 115, so that just made sense to me. I will review others as we have cases where, say, a north exit and an east exit are linked, something which makes no directional sense. CycloneGU (talk) 18:02, 19 January 2015 (UTC)
- Not sure if you wanted to make any additional altercations to this before I marked it for Editorial Board review. Just add the "status=complete" parameter to the mainspace template whenever you're ready. --Pokemaster97 04:52, 29 November 2015 (UTC)
- I suppose I should comment while I still can. I actually think this is one of the weirder formats you could come up with. Sure, when people refer to directions, they'll say "North/South, East/West", but if people are actually looking at a map (or an abstraction of one like this), that's really not at all a natural approach. If anything, NESW would be most natural (following the circumference of a compass rose), but I don't actually think that'd be better than the current NEWS (traversing the route (in abstract) from North to South). (What would be better, actually, would be NWES; we read from left-to-right, so West should really come first.)
- North/South and East/Wet are at complete opposite ends of a map/compass; putting (both of) those pairs adjacent to each other is just weird; if anything, having North/South displayed far apart (like they're on opposite "sides") feels more intuitive.
- Your other point, that a number of routes may only have North/South or East/West exits, doesn't really see a benefit here either IMO.
- I don't think this should replace the current List of routes. Tiddlywinks (talk) 07:46, 29 November 2015 (UTC)