| Welcome to Bulbapedia, Butterfreeism!
By creating your account you are now able to edit pages, join discussions, and expand the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia. Before you jump in, here are some ground rules:
- Be nice to everyone. It's in the code of conduct.
- Make good edits. Preview them before you save to make sure they're perfect the first time around.
- Use wikicode and link templates when adding content to a page.
- Use proper grammar and spelling, and read the manual of style.
- You can't create a userpage until you've added to the encyclopedia. It's a privilege. See the userspace policy.
- Use talk pages to resolve editing disputes. Don't "edit war," or constantly re-edit/undo the same thing on a page.
- If you have a question about something, be proactive. Take a look at our FAQ. If you're still stuck, ask for help. The staff won't bite.
- Sign all talk page posts with four tildes (~~~~). This will turn into your name and the time you wrote the comment.
- For more handy links, see the welcome portal.
Thank you, and have a good time editing here!
This is a Talk page for Butterfreeism. Once I have a user page, you can find more information about me there.
I've noticed that a number of the Generation VII pages for locations (e.g. Lush Jungle, Diglett's Tunnel) have been missing information in their "Geography" sections. I've been starting to fill them in with information about the layout of the levels, but is there anything else that typically goes in these sections? –Butterfreeism 18:20, 30 September 2018 (UTC)
- Feel free to have a look at other existing pages to get an idea what goes where.--BigDocFan (talk) 18:29, 30 September 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks! I've been trying to look, but I haven't gotten a sense of what is standard yet. –Butterfreeism 18:48, 30 September 2018 (UTC)
- Its easy when you're new here, they are somethings even I still don't understand--BigDocFan (talk) 18:52, 30 September 2018 (UTC)
Talk page layout
Sorry, but I had to change your talk page back to what it looked like before. There's a plus sign at the top of your talk page that other users will use to create new messages and doing so will ruin your intended look of your talk page. It's much easier for you and everyone else this way. GrammarFreak01 (talk) 20:13, 30 September 2018 (UTC)
- No worries! Thanks for the heads up. :) –Butterfreeism 21:08, 30 September 2018 (UTC)
- You're welcome. Oh, and when I say "easier", I mean you will constantly have to reorganize things so it fits the look you originally wanted for your talk page. GrammarFreak01 (talk) 21:10, 30 September 2018 (UTC)
I couldn't find anything in the manual of style about this topic. I like the singular they (e.g. when referring to the player), but is there a standard convention? –Butterfreeism 07:15, 3 October 2018 (UTC)
- Not really, as far as I can tell. I do personally prefer "they", however, because it sounds more professional compared to "he or she" or "his or her", stuff like that. GrammarFreak01 (talk) 22:14, 3 October 2018 (UTC)