Welcome to Bulbapedia, Captain Skank!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- Read over the style primer before making your edits. It is a basic outline of Bulbapedia style. For a more in-depth set of rules, see the manual of style.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Captain Skank/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- There are certain restrictions on the content and amount of userspace content a user is allowed. For details, see the Userspace policy
- Unless prior permission is given, no user is permitted to edit another user's page. Furthermore, edits to other users' pages are permitted only if there are problems that spread to other parts of Bulbapedia, such as broken links that appear on the wanted pages, switching out duplicate images that appear on the Archives, etc.
- Fan fictions, missions, riddles, games, and anything else deemed not suitable for the wiki will not be allowed. If you would like to add something, but do not know if it is acceptable, ask an administrator.
- A list of administrators that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
- There's a discussion going on on TTE's talk page. Besides, theres not much that this user can do about their choice of name...--RexRacer -talk 05:25, 15 November 2008 (UTC)
Thank you both. Ampere 03:15, 23 March 2009 (UTC)
Regarding edits at List of North American Nintendo event Pokémon in 2011, I see you changed it to say Gamestop Celebi and then returned it to the original text. I've determined from looking at an Action Replay-generated version of the Event Celebi (and later found one traded to me in Unova in July or August) that it in fact was a Gamestop Celebi, and have done further research to find this.
Therefore, since there seems to be two different Celebis, I have split it up into two different entries. Feel free to clean up any other details if necessary. If it was pulled from release, it's still notable for that and should still be listed as some people obviously did download it, and it isn't blacklisted anywhere that I've seen. CycloneGU (talk) 17:53, 11 December 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, I had figured that there were probably 2 versions of it, but I was too lazy to copy, paste, and edit the template. :x Ampere (talk) 03:55, 12 December 2012 (UTC)
- Well, seems like they still don't want the other. Even though communities accept it as legit. as some got it before the event was cencelled, they still haven't decided how to handle it yet on the new pages (or something like that). I'm imagine if people have been able to acquire it without hacking, it needs to be noted.