No Eggs Discovered (Egg Group)(Redirected from Undiscovered (Egg group))
|Water 1||Water 3|
|No Eggs Discovered|
The No Eggs Discovered Group (Japanese: タマゴ未発見グループ Eggs Never Discovered Group), known as the No Eggs Egg Group in Pokémon Stadium 2, and as the Undiscovered Egg Group in Pokédex 3D, is one of the fifteen Egg Groups. As of Generation VIII, 110 Pokémon belong to this group.
Baby Pokémon are designated for this group due to them being too immature to breed, while Legendary Pokémon, Mythical Pokémon and Ultra Beasts are included to prevent players from breeding and obtaining more of them in a given game (with the exception of Phione). The reason why Nidorina and Nidoqueen are in this group has been widely speculated since their inclusion in it in Generation II. Cosplay Pikachu, Pikachu in a cap, and Ash-Greninja are included here even though others of their species are capable of breeding.
In Pokémon X and Y, all Pokémon in this group are guaranteed to have a perfect 31 in at least three of their individual values when caught in the wild or obtained as a gift (except via Mystery Gift). From Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire onward, this only applies to Legendary Pokémon, Mythical Pokémon, and Ultra Beasts. However, as of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, if the player accepts a Gift Pokémon belonging to this Egg Group while their lead Pokémon has the Ability Synchronize, that Gift Pokémon is guaranteed to be of the same nature as the Synchronize Pokémon (unless the Pokémon was received as an Egg or through Mystery Gift). This property was extended to other Egg Groups in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.
Only in this Egg Group
- This and the Ditto Group are the only ones in which all members are in a single group, since being a member of any other Egg Group would defeat the purpose of being in the No Eggs Discovered group.
- Nidorina and Nidoqueen are both in this group and therefore cannot breed; however, their respective male counterparts Nidorino and Nidoking, as well as their pre-evolution Nidoran♀ and its male counterpart Nidoran♂, are able to do so.
- The only Mythical Pokémon not in this Egg Group are Phione (whose Mythical status is disputed) and Manaphy, which are in the Water 1 and Fairy groups.
- Despite not being in this Egg Group, Manaphy is still guaranteed three perfect IVs when obtained from an event.
- This is the only Egg Group that contains a Pokémon of every type.