VS seeker or Vs seeker? evkl 00:54, 19 Apr 2005 (UTC)
>According to the FireRed Instruction booklet - it's Vs Seeker. With a lowercase "s". - Zeta
Ack, I Noticed something. Look on Leaf's page, look at her Vs. Seeker, Pink! But, in the games, IIRC, she gets a regular blue Vs. Seeker. WHY?--Goukazaru 01:20, 27 February 2008 (UTC)
The Pokemon Trainer Has A Vs Seeker in Brawl. cal05000 23:23, 7 September 2008 (UTC)
It seems that in Platinum you can't use the Vs. Seeker inside, including caves and Eterna Forest. Diachronos 03:36, 18 April 2009 (UTC)
Is it just me, but in Generation IV do you have to be within the horizontal/vertical line of a trainer view for them to want a rematch? As in not the same as the Generationn III animation shown. --Wolfie93 18:54, 29 December 2009 (UTC)
- The player doesn't have to be in any specific location for trainers to desire a rematch. As long as the trainers are within the screen and have rematch teams, they're fair game for the Vs. Seeker. - Kogoro | Talk to me - 19:11, 29 December 2009 (UTC)
- I think anybody in DPPt is able to be rebattled, except for those in gyms and caves, otherwise it doesn't matter who, but if you've battled them, you can rebattle them. As for where, even if it's just the lower half of their body or the very top of their head on the screen, they will still be able to battle. R.A. Hunter Blade 04:43, 30 December 2009 (UTC)
Is the VS seeker obtainable in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver? Or was the concept scrapped? --Chickasaurus 17:32, 5 April 2010 (UTC)
- No, it's not. And the concept wasn't "scrapped," persay; Game Freak simply decided to go with the rematch method from the ORIGINAL Gold and Silver, that is to say, the PokéGear phone. --AndyPKMN 18:45, 5 April 2010 (UTC)
- I didn't mean "scrapped" in that sense, thanks anyway. --Chickasaurus 18:51, 5 April 2010 (UTC)
No Vs. Seeker in Gen v
- I don't think so. There's no reason for people to assume it DOES appear, seeing as the page clearly states which games it appears in and Black and White aren't listed. Should we mention that the Pokégear and Pokénav don't appear, as well? I think not. --AndyPKMN (talk) 12:15, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
- Bump! The item, alongside many others, are in the coding of Black and White but are unused so they don't count as being present since it's beyond the possibilites of normal gameplay. The Vs. Seeker is also in HeartGold and SoulSilver but again it's only obtainable through hacking (and I don't believe that it's usable anyway). SatoMew 22:30, 26 March 2012 (UTC)
Sometimes, in both FRLG and Pt, the Vs. Seeker comes up with a message, "The other trainers don't appear ready yet. Let's try again later." Do we know any details? Tk3141 03:05, 9 April 2012 (UTC)
List of Trainers
I couldn't find a list of all Trainers in all routes/places that can be re-battles using the vs seeker, so I'd like to make one for FR/LG. Should I post it on this page itself or create a new page for it? Ishu bagaria (talk) 15:30, 2 September 2015 (UTC)
I think we don't have all the information for Generation III or they are not displayed on this page. I'm playing Pokémon LeafGreen now. Before every gym, I go back to all previously visited routes that have re-battle-able players for some xp/level up.
Sometimes, after showing the double exclamation mark above their heads (!!), some NPC's don't jump up and down as mentioned but just keep their hand raised without jumping. I saw it happen several times with Gamers.
Also, when trying to rebattle Vs. Seeker trainers mentioned in the route pages, some trainers that weren't mentioned also jumped/raised hands and these ones all rebattled with their old teams. Now either any NPC can be rebattled and only the ones that have a new team are specifically shown in the pages. In that case this should be mentioned somewhere because from what I read it seems that only some NPCs are rebattle-able. Or, the lists in those pages are incomplete, which shouldn't be case. Further, the ones that do have new/improved teams, can be battled more than once with those teams before they change again. For example, in Route 11, I used the Vs. Seeker to battle Youngster Yasu and then after 100 steps again I used the Vs. Seeker to try and rebattle the Gamer below him when Youngster Yasu jumped again and I battled him a 3rd time (2nd rebattle) with his 2nd team whereas the page shows him having a different higher level team for 3rd battle onwards.
Someone please clarify.
Ishu bagaria (talk) 04:30, 8 September 2015 (UTC)
Is there any list or indication what triggers trainers to get stronger pokemon? Like specifically. For instance, Bug Catcher Colton in route 3 is still using the second rematch party after I beat the rocket werehouse. But I believe the trainers in sevault canyon at least have their final party. Don't know if this is a problem for other games XD - unsigned comment from Loumast (talk • contribs)