Talk:Rising Rivals (TCG)
Return to "Rising Rivals (TCG)" page.
- Theoretically, we could, but when it comes to main expansions we tend to wait until the English release. There are a lot of other things to do in the meantime, too. Cipher (Talk) 10:44, 22 November 2008 (UTC)
- Granted, if the Pokémon-SP don't get English translations, then we'd probably have to create a bunch of card articles based on the Japanese set. (I'd say there's a pretty good chance that Pokémon-SP will remain Japan only, since Pokémon-SP is basically a reincarnation of the VS style, and that style saw only two cards in total released in English, both of them promos on each side of the Pacific, and even then only one of those two wouldn't be a Basic Pokémon in traditional style. Given how the English sets are released with competitive play in mind and Pokémon-SP depict fully evolved normal-coloration Pokémon as basic cards with high HP and quite broken attacks for basic cards, just like most VS-style cards, I personally think we're not going to see Pokémon-SP stateside since they'd give an unfair advantage in battles.)
- Odds are that, if Pokémon-SP does not make it to English release, English DP8 might end up being a combination of Galactic's Conquest, this set, and the Entry Pack DPt with all Pokémon-SP and related cards removed, with possibly a few promos thrown in; Japanese DP9 would then likely subsequently drop the Pokémon-SP mechanic due to its treatment stateside, and coincidentially realign the DP set numbering. Now, I'm not saying anything's 100% confirmed, but I'm playing the odds here with what I said. --Shiningpikablu252 16:37, 22 November 2008 (UTC)
- SP Pokémon take up too important a role in both DPt sets thus far. If they weren't released in English, there'd be uproar, especially with the Japanese sets getting so much attention in the US and here in the UK thanks to the likes of PokéBeach. I can guarantee you that all SP Pokémon in both Galactic's Conquest and Bonds to the End of Time will be released in English.
- My theory is much simpler than yours. Our DP8 will be Galactic's Conquest, our DP9 will be this set, and the Entry Pack DPt cards will be thrown into one or the other (most likely GC). Japanese DPt3 will have been in the works for a very long time, so I see no reason why PCL would decide to drop SP Pokémon after just two sets. In my opinion, as a player for around eight years now, it's a good mechanic, and will stir up the metagame very nicely. So, no, SP Pokémon aren't gonna be dropped any time soon - in Japanese or' in English. Cipher (Talk) 16:51, 22 November 2008 (UTC)
Is the Base Set Pikachu actually rare in this expansion, or is it linking the wrong Pikachu?