Talk:Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon
Artwork of Starters released on Japanese website
The official site just updated with artwork of all the 20 Starter choices! http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/cho_dungeon/game/pokemon/150615_01.html#
Quiz to choose partner
Under the playable characters section, it says that like in the older games, the player and partner can be chosen by taking a quiz. However, in those games, only the player was chosen through the quiz--not the partner. Should the part about the partner being chosen through a quiz be changed, or is that how it works for this game? slimey01 19:49, 16 June 2015 (UTC)
- I'd like to again point this out as it's still on the page. slimy01 18:37, 11 August 2015 (UTC)
Official Gameplay Trailer
Regarding the quiz scene vs choosing option for the player's Pokemon... look at 0:26 in the official gameplay trailer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPQW-qc67pE)
Clearly a quiz scene. I know things are bound to change throughout the game, but if we have a completely animated, new scene for something like that, I'd say it's substantial to note.
EDIT: My bad, I was not informed that in one version, you may be able to decide between the two options. My bad.
I think they might be adding the gender option again the Super Mystery Dungeon (at least, for the partner I guess). When I was watching Nintendo Treehouse playing the demo (or whatever that was), on around 2:23 when they chose Treeko, an option appeared. It asked, "if you were to give them a compliment, what would it be?". The two options given were "Cool!" or "Cute.♪". I can't think of any other reason why they would add that option there, it's pretty pointless unless it was much pretty referring to a gender option. Even Animal Crossing has that type of option, when the Kappa or Rover asks what your name is and you (the player) say something in the lines of "It's cool right?" (boy) or "Cute isn't it?" (girl).-- --Handmaiden 101 (tAlk) 17:11, 22 June 2015 (UTC)
- AFAIK you can't choose a gender for your main character but yes for partner. I even deleted my first save and played again just to check and make sure. Ngbeslhang (talk) 19:47, 22 November 2015 (UTC)
- My rough machine-based translation:
- "Kecleon's Tweet" Everyone, please listen! Although there are five continents in the world, there are rumors of a hidden continent!?
- It's then followed by something about him being so surprised his tongue stretched all the way out, which he doesn't do very often. (It clearly is referring to the five other cloud-covered areas of a:File:Water Continent.png.)
- This other tweet talks about how cute and healthy the kids of Serene Village are, and has him wonder if Azurill and Marill of Treasure Town are also doing well.
- Serebii has pictures so they do exist. --Abcboy (talk) 09:01, 10 August 2015 (UTC)
Hi guys, I am quite new here so please tell me/edit if I did anything that I am not supposed to do.
Anyway I have been playing the game for 3 days and the story progress and almost finished it. May I post the summary of the plot here and let others join in together to make it complete enough for the article page? (I am not really that good at literacy) Ngbeslhang (talk) 19:57, 22 November 2015 (UTC)
Movesets of connected Pokémon
Is it possible that the movesets Pokémon join with are randomized? The Charizard listed on the main page Smokescreen, Heat Wave, Scratch, and Heat Wave, but mine joined with Scratch, Growl, Ember and Shadow Claw. - Chosen of Mana 04:10, 30 November 2015 (UTC)
Wonder Mail codes
- I can confirm that the first five codes work. The "?? Dungeon" didn't tell me which it unlocked, because I haven't progressed far enough. It might be a good idea to have an endgame player to run the dungeon codes. - Chosen of Mana 05:03, 30 November 2015 (UTC)
- I reached the point where the dungeon unlocked; it's called the Thrash Dungeon. The password should be double checked to make sure it always unlocks the same dungeon. - Chosen of Mana 17:41, 30 November 2015 (UTC)
how do i add pages for dungeons for this game
- Simply click/tap on a redlink to begin editing a new page at that link's destination. However, this only works if you have been autoconfirmed, which occurs once you have made a certain number of edits and your account has existed for a certain amount of time. The exact numbers are kept secret, and the process of becoming autoconfirmed cannot be skipped or bypassed by anyone. PartHunter (talk) 13:44, 14 December 2015 (UTC)
List of orb connections
Say, has anyone been able to compile a list of connections between the Pokémon? For all I know, the Unown are connected alphabetically, and the male(?) Pikachu is linked to Zigzagoon. FalafelC (talk) 19:54, 19 December 2015 (UTC)
Spoiler line for Trivia section
Hey! Sorry if this should be in Editor's Hub instead, I haven't done this before. Anyway, shouldn't there be a spoiler line for the trivia section? The line, 'This is the first Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game where the player Pokémon does not disappear after the main story. Instead that role is given to the partner Pokémon.' is a HUGE spoiler not only for PSMD, but for all Mystery Dungeon games.
Since no Pokémon are recruited through dungeons, wouldn't it be better to remove the column for recruitment from the template of each dungeon from this game? SheepShagger69 (talk) 03:28, 22 March 2018 (UTC)