Talk:Max Raid Battle
Additional Info from Pokemon.com
Information from an interview at E3 which was posted on Pokemon.com yesterday includes information stated by Shigeru Ohmori one of the developers that Max Raid Battles can be conducted without requiring four players. Instead NPC characters are used in place to fill the spots for Max Raid Battles.
Here is my source (We Interview Junichi Masuda and Shigeru Ohmori about Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield), this information is listed under the "Dynamax Pokémon and Max Raid Battles" section. Any administrators who wish to have this information added to the page are free to do so and can use the link I provided as a reference link since it comes directly from Pokemon.com itself as well as looking over the article for any other useful tidbits of information. -Tyler53841 (talk) 05:08, 15 June 2019 (UTC)
Trainers named after their Pokémon in Japanese
- Pikachu's trainer Poppy is named イクエ(Ikue), after Pikachu's voice actor, Ikue Ōtani.
- Eevee's trainer Freya is named アオイ(Aoi), after Eevee's voice actor, Aoi Yūki.
- Wobbuffet's trainer Alfie is named シンイチロウ(Shinichirō), after James's voice actor, Shinichirō Miki.
Investigated the other trainers and there's a section of 10 name cameos in a row. As well as the above three:
- Mudbray's trainer William is named ヒロキ(Hiroki), after Hiroki Kobari (Abareru-kun), a host of Pokénchi, who appeared with a Mudbray in the Sun & Moon anime.
- Magikarp's trainer Isabella is named リンカ(Rinka), after Rinka Ōtani, a host of Pokénchi, who appeared with a Magikarp in the Sun & Moon anime.
- Salazzle's trainer Arthur is named ケンイチ(Kenichi), after Kenichi Maeyamada, a host of Pokénchi, who appeared in the Sun & Moon anime.
- Weavile's trainer Ivy is named ショウコ(Shōko), after Shōko Nakagawa (Shokotan), a host of Pokénchi and its predecessors, who used a Weavile to battle on previous shows.
- Jolteon's trainer Nicki is named ニコル(Nicole), after Nicole Fujita, a regular guest on Pokénchi.
- Hawlucha's trainer Oscar is named ケント(Kento), after Kento Ishikawa, a Pokémon Card Game event MC, who also voiced and sung material for Ga-olé.
- Clefairy's trainer Amelia is named アイミ(Aimi), after Aimi Satō, a Pokémon Card Game event MC.
(Wait, who? Well, the duo's apparently popular enough this isn't even the first game they've had name cameos in.) Bluesun (talk) 20:57, 3 January 2020 (UTC)
For the catch rates, I made a change based on my own empirical experiences for Gigantamax Raids- though I want to mention these observations in case anyone wants to second them or counterargue against.
- Firstly, Serebii's values are most likely incorrect. They're even stated to be estimates. It shouldn't be cited or copied from at all.
- So far, I haven't had any Pokemon break out from Hosting a non-event Gigantamax Raid (and I haven't seen any reports of it either). Should be safe to assume it's guaranteed, and easy to prove otherwise.
- For Wild Area News, it appears Catch Rates are not different between Hosting or Guest. For Alcremie and Lapras, almost all mine was done as a Guest, and not a single one broke out of a Repeat Ball yet. (Which is consistent with the Species' rate.)
- If the Catch Rate really was the popularly cited ~20, then each Repeat Ball would only have about a 30% capture chance. Empirically my rate was way higher than that, except only for Snorlax, whose species rate is 25. Probably not exact, but it's safe to say that the Wild Area News catch rate is close to the species' than the arbitrary 20.
And just to reiterate, the edit I'm making to the catch rate table isn't to say they're the final values, but rather something more accurate than previously.
Regular Moves Used by Raid Bosses
When I was playing in a max raid against a snorlax, it ended up calling Explosion (or maybe self-destruct) by using Metronome. The move failed, as it would if it was used by a regular pokemon, but it raises a question: Are there some moves that fail when used by a regular pokemon but not by the raid boss?
Latest Wild Area news error
Help with adding a Master Dojo Student into the Max Raid Battle page
I am currently playing the Shield version and I encountered a male Master Dojo Student who uses a male Poliwhirl with Waterfall, Body Slam, Ice Punch, and Brick Break as its moves and its ability is Swift Swim; I also encountered a female Master Dojo Student who uses a female Krokorok with Stomping Tantrum, Crunch, Thunder Fang, and Fire Fang as its moves and its ability is Anger Point, its Hidden Ability. I tried adding it into the page, but the preview showed there were some errors in adding it to the page. Is there any way someone can either add in the two Master Dojo Students onto the page or help me add them and their Pokémon into the page? -Gallade User User talk:Gallade User 16:39, 8 July 2020 (UTC)