Possible Name Origin
Aku - Evil, Kuro - Black, Akuma - Demon. An evil professor? Kookamooka 20:42, 11 May 2012 (UTC)
- Bumping this. Kookamooka 18:47, 16 May 2012 (UTC)
- There's nothing supporting that. We don't know if he's evil or not. Ataro 18:52, 16 May 2012 (UTC)
- Kuma - Bear, Roma - Gypsy, Ama - Nun. Gypsy nun bear professor. Kikugi 19:13, 17 May 2012 (UTC)
Final battle Challenge Mode moves
- I don't really think so. Already we have examples of moves changing between normal and challenge modes, such as Iris (Hydreigon has Flamethrower in normal mode, Fire Blast in challenge). It would be better to wait until someone locates cold, hard data on the moves in Colress' team in Challenge mode. Haxorus 14:10, 14 July 2012 (UTC)
Trivia or not
"In the battle with Colress at the Pokemon World Tournament, Colress' Magneton is underleveled. Magnemite does not evolve into Magneton until level 30."
Is the above notable enough to be included as trivia as it is in the Trivia section for the Lance, Falkner, and Poké Maniac articles. There were a few reverted edits due to this. Super goku (talk) 07:31, 15 July 2012 (UTC)
- No, the trivias regarding underleveled Pokémon are not really notable. Therefore, I have removed it from Lance and Poke Maniac's articles. However, I am not sure about Falkner's article, it may needs to be reworded but I may be wrong. ♫♪ エイディニズ ♪♫ 07:43, 15 July 2012 (UTC)
Levels are scaled down for tournaments, especially the PWT. If you bring a Serperior into the Driftveil Tournament, it will be scaled down to level 25, even though Servine doesn't evolve until level 36. Underleveled Pokémon should only be noted outside of set-level battles. Schiffy (talk) 02:29, 5 August 2012 (UTC)
Seeing how N fails to qualify as a rival under the conditions I stipulated in my recent N edit summary, Colress seems to qualify as a rival, barring the Trainer class impediment. Should he be treated as such, because of his status as a recurring, re-battle-able, non-League-sanctioned, uniquely designed opponent in a game where he is prominently featured? This needs to be settled here and now...--Muk-a-matic-Maketh the Muk go round... (talk) 20:03, 31 August 2012 (UTC)
I've noticed something interesting about his name... Achroma (in Japanese) may come from "achromatic", and Colress may come from "colorless". Considering that the games are called Black 2 and White 2, this makes a lot of sense to me. I don't know if somebody already pointed this out, but I think it'd be interesting to put this in the Trivia section --PenBlooeR 16:33, 21 October 2012 (UTC)
Colress Challenge mode levels 75 and 77 instead of 76 and 78.
In my Black version(English) Challenge mode, Colress has levels 75 and 77, instead of 76 and 78, as shown on the page. In the japanese videos I watched, he had levels 76 and 78. I am wondering if the english version lowered his levels in challenge mode(the normal mode is the same), if this is some sort of a glitch, or if the boss scales to my level. - unsigned comment from Anonackount (talk • contribs)
- I just checked mine, and they were 76 and 78 as normal. Are you sure you didn't misread the numbers? - Blazios talk 12:14, 2 November 2012 (UTC)
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/1102122236.jpg/ This is the battle on the deck, by the way. You are using the english version, right? - unsigned comment from Anonackount (talk • contribs)
- In the initial post-League battle, he has Pokemon with levels ranging from 76 to 78, but they are lowered by 1 on the deck battles. At least that was my experience (US version). Dancing Dragonite (talk) 14:50, 11 November 2012 (UTC)
The page still seems to be locked from editing from some users. I take issue with a point of trivia added by a user which states (pasting here): "Colress seems particularly fond of the Steel and Electric types, as he uses three electric types and three steel types, and two Pokémon that are an Electric/Steel type combination."
This doesn't seem notable, is pointed out by the colors of his infoboxes relating to Steel and Electric types, and is something a reader can deduce already by looking at his team rosters. Could someone with credentials to edit this page remove this trivia? Chicobo329 (talk) 22:16, 16 December 2012 (UTC)
Anime voice actors
How did Jimmy Zoppi and Kanako Yasaka get on there? I'm looking for them in the code to remove them but I can't find anything recorded of it actually being put there. --The Great Butler (talk) 09:59, 20 December 2012 (UTC)
description to anime
Split page for anime section?
The anime section for Colress is becoming awfully big, and it's only going to get bigger given that he's going to appear next week and probably in the two episodes after that as well. Would it be worthwhile to split that part of the article off into a "Colress (anime)" page? --The Great Butler (talk) 08:17, 29 March 2013 (UTC)
Can someone upload a screenshot of him from the trailer? RubyLeafGreenCrystal 04:24, 5 October 2016 (UTC)
I was playing Moon and just after the 4th trial (Firium Z) I saw Colress. Haven't played much more, though he appears to:
- No longer be with Team Plasma
- Wants to stay in Alola
- Still is trying to find how to make Pokemon stronger
- Finally figured out that it is the bond between trainers and their Pokemon
- Just noticed that there's a Sun/Moon VS model, but no other mention. Snuggles08 (talk) 20:22, 2 December 2016 (UTC)
- Feel free to Sun/Moon information to his page in the "In the games" section, right below the part talking about the reference in X and Y. --Carmen★ (Talk | contribs) 20:28, 2 December 2016 (UTC)
Pokémon Adventures chapter headings
Please readd the Pokémon Adventures manga chapters headings as shown here.
This character has a fairly long manga history spanning multiple chapters, so the headings make it easier to read and find information.
Also, in my opinion, it's interesting to see at a glance in which chapters does he appear, and how long are his appearances per chapter. In this case, he appears in the BW, B2W2 and SM chapters. --Daniel Carrero (talk) 17:15, 23 April 2019 (UTC)