In Marill and Azumarill, the tail is said to be filled with an oily substance, while Azurill's page says that its filled with a nutritional substance. Is this the same oil? Does it feed off of it or even produce it naturally? -Professor DJM
It changes gender? I'd read, or assumed, that the probability of finding/hatching female Azurill was just different to the probability of finding/hatching female Marill, not that they changed gender upon evolution. To me, this seems much more likely. — THE TROM — 20:27, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
- Different gender ratios between two members of an evolutionary line really does mean there are gender-benders. Since Azurill is 75-25 favoring female, three-quarters of the gender values correspond to female Azurill and one-quarter to male Azurill. Since Marill is 50-50, exactly half of the gender values go to each gender.
- If all of the gender values and their correspondences can be placed in a line, one could see that one-quarter of the total gender values correspond to female Azurill and to male Marill. A female Azurill with such a gender value is a gender-bender and will evolve into a male Marill. It matters not how the Azurill is encountered and obtained. The "1 in 3 female Azurill" listed corresponds to only the gender values for female Azurill, ignoring the total one-quarter of the total gender values for male Azurill. --Shiningpikablu252 20:33, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
Why is Azurill's page protected?
- Just about every Pokémon species article is locked down due to that idiotic Studio Bebop and their $1.99 iPhone application that uses Bulbapedia servers and Bulbapedia bandwidth to show Pokémon data. The protections are all set to expire around mid-November, and hopefully this crisis is resolved by then.
- If you want to have a piece of trivia inserted, just drop it here and a sysop'll do the task. --Shiningpikablu252 22:53, 24 October 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry, but I can't insert that since it's false. And here's why: Like how Azurill evolves into Marill, Wynaut evolves into Wobbuffet. Wobbuffet, like Marill, was introduced in Generation II, but Wynaut, like Azurill, wasn't introduced until Generation III. --Shiningpikablu252 23:31, 24 October 2009 (UTC)
In the Trivia there is twice the information about Azurill being one of the two Pokémon to change type completely. --CitruX 01:29, 28 January 2010 (UTC)
In B/W Azurill's sprites look sad. Is there any reason for this, because i thought baby pokemon were supposed to be happy. MasterGiygas 03:11, 22 December 2011 (UTC)
- Possibly to match it's artwork better. Or maybe just because babies also cry a lot. But you can head over to the forums to talk about it if you like. Crystal Talian 03:17, 22 December 2011 (UTC)
Generation III breeding sprite
On the Gen III moveset list, the sprite for a Delcatty is instead a sprite of Cradily. This is for the move Sing. Could someone swap the sprites out? ~Pikalup~ (talk) 21:50, 13 April 2013 (UTC)Pikalup~Pikalup~ (talk) 21:50, 13 April 2013 (UTC)
The trivia bit about Azurill changing gender states that "one in three female Azurills evolve into a male Marill" or something like that. This is technically incorrect as these, like most odds, are not guaranteed (*cough cough* catch rate *cough cough*) What it should say is "female Azurills have a one in three chance of evolving into a male Marill". Forgive me, for I am a stats nerd. ~ By Caroline under Bulbagarden ~ (talk) 08:36, 3 July 2013 (UTC)
According to the trivia, prior to Generation VI, Azurill had a chance of evolving into male Marill. Does that mean a female Azurill has zero chance of evolving into a male Azumarill in X and Y? Has the gender ratio been changed? Is gender now stored seperately from the personality value? --Abcboy (talk) 02:28, 2 May 2014 (UTC)
- AFAIK the gender ratio hasn't changed, but the game has been programmed to detect gender and preserve it through evolution. The same with Pokemon that had one non-Hidden Ability in previous generations and got a new one later (for example, a Feebas with Swift Swim migrated to Gen VI will always evolve into a Milotic with Marvel Scale, even if its personality value is such that it should have the Ability in the other slot). Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 04:04, 2 May 2014 (UTC)