The Strategy Memo (Japanese: 攻略メモ Strategy Memo) is a Pokédex-like feature of the P★DA found in Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness. The feature is obtained as an upgrade in Pokémon Colosseum, whereas it comes with the P★DA in Pokémon XD.
The Strategy Memo allows players to look at Pokémon that have been encountered, similar to a Pokédex. It differs from the Pokédex in that it lacks numerical modes and detailed entries; however, the Strategy Memo lists the types and Abilities of Pokémon that are seen, and full information such as the height and weight is also provided even if the Pokémon is not caught. The full information on a Pokémon is only obtainable in Pokémon Colosseum by talking to the teacher in Phenac City who installed the upgrade. In Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, such information is automatically obtained.
In both Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD, not all 386 Pokémon available in Generation III are able to be seen in-game. Thus, if a player wishes to obtain a complete Strategy Memo, they must trade with the Game Boy Advance games to obtain Pokémon that cannot otherwise be seen in-game.
| This section is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this section to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: List of ordering methods in other localizations
The following are the options for how Pokémon can be listed:
- Alphabetical (default setting)
- Heaviest (ordered from heaviest to lightest weight)
- Lightest (ordered from lightest to heaviest weight)
- Tallest (ordered from biggest to smallest height)
- Smallest (ordered from smallest to biggest height)
The following are options to search for specific Pokémon:
- Name (uses the first letter in the name; done in a batch of two to three letters alphabetically)
- Type (Either a single type or a combination of types can be searched for)