Single Battle (Battle Mode)
|This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: Gen I, Gen II, Gen III, and Gen V data
Single Battle (Japanese: シングルバトル Single Battle) is a battle mode introduced in Generation I for battles through the Pokémon Cable Club. As the name suggests, in Single Battle mode, players will battle with only one Pokémon sent out at any one time.
As Double Battles were only introduced in Generation III, Single Battle mode was the only option for battle in Generation I and II. From Generation III onwards, it can be selected together with other options such as the Double Battle mode in the Pokémon Cable Club Colosseum.
In Generation IV, the Pokémon Cable Club Colosseum was renamed to the Pokémon Communication Club Colosseum.
Pokémon Center Receptionist
- "Single Battle is for two Trainers with one or more Pokémon each."
- "Each Trainer can have one Pokémon in battle at a time."
Rule sets available
- No Restrictions - Players can have up to six Pokémon on their teams.
- Standard Cup - Players have three Pokémon on their team, Lv. 50 and lower.
- Fancy Cup - Players have three Pokémon on their team, Lv. 30 and lower, and the combined levels must not exceed 80. Each Pokémon is to have a height of no more than 6 feet and 7 inches (2 meters) and weigh no more than 44.1 lbs (20 kilograms).
- Little Cup - Players have three Pokémon on their team, Lv. 5 and lower, and no evolved Pokémon are allowed.
- Light Cup - Players have three Pokémon on their team, Lv. 50 and lower, each weighing no more than 220.5 lbs (100 kilograms).
- Double Cup - Players have four Pokémon on their team and otherwise follow the Standard Cup rules.
Specifics on rule sets
|Rules||No Restrictions||Standard Cup||Fancy Cup||Little Cup||Light Cup||Double Cup|
|No. of Pokémon||6||3||3||3||3||4|
|Pokémon level||Max. 100||Max. 50||Max. 30||Max. 5||Max. 50||Max. 50|
|Max. Combined level||Free||Free||Max. 80||Free||Free||Free|
|Height limit||Free||Free||Max. 6' 07"
|Weight limit||Free||Free||Max. 44.1 lbs.
|Free||Max. 218 lbs.
|Same held items||Permitted||Banned||Banned||Banned||Banned||Banned|
In other languages
|This game mechanic article is part of Project Games, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on the Pokémon games.|