Shipping talk:List of anime shippings
I put those notes there because I wanted to discuss them and found that better than starting an edit war. Basically, I have a problem with the first of Bianca's hints. It seems unnecessary since there is no evidence of hints. Bianca takes Ash his badge case as a favor to Professor Juniper, not because of any feelings for Ash, whom she hasn't met yet. Unless stated that Bianca has a habit of falling for guys that she hasn't met yet, it just doesn't belong. Also, you can't really say that she was excited about meeting him since she is always excited about something. Finally, her looking through her bag for Ash's badge case and looking distressed doesn't say much either. This just says that she is unorganized and that the habit bothers and possibly embarasses her. As far as them looking for Minccino I just wanted to point out that some could argue her willingness to help Ash was because she wanted to catch Minccino. I think that all of these are valuable claims, but please let me know your opinion. Again, that's why I added the notes instead of removing them. Gohan5 01:35, 10 June 2011 (UTC)
- You need to understand the Shippers' POV. There are a ton of things that I don't think are really hints for NegaiShipping as well as other shippings. Like Iris "marveling" on how Ash saved Tepig. She seemed like she was just concerned for Tepig. But I understand that it can look very different to a NegaiShipper so I leave it there to stay.
- I'm not really into ImagintationShipping myself. I am just trying to convey what a Shipper might see. I don't think it is that unreasonable to say that Bianca may have been a tad excited to meet Ash. What about when Iris started following Ash? Do you think that it was definitely because she likes him that way? I highly doubt it but it's listed there anyway. Because it's an understandable view for NegaiShippers to have. The reality is that Iris probably was just interested in Ash's training methods and probably wanted to have a traveling companion, though she would not admit it.
- Also, when Ash loses his badge case, Bianca flat out says "You just leave it to me and I'll get your case back in no time!" She didn't even mention Minccino. Though it is most likely what she wanted. But ImaginationShippers would probably see it that way. --ケンジのガール 03:36, 10 June 2011 (UTC)
- I understand what you are saying about shippers POV and admit that I may not have taken that into account. Having said that, I think that the part about Bianca being excited to meet him and looking at his badge is alright, but the other info I still think is extraneous. Her looking through her bag for the badge case is unnecessary. As for Minccino I only wanted to make a note of her interest in the Pokémon. I didn't think it was a problem since it was hidden. It is not unlike how NegaiShipping used to have a hint about Iris leaning in close to Ash when he is talking about Zekrom. ArcToraphim added a note about Iris's interest in Zekrom and the hint was removed by someone sometime later. This is essentially the same thing. As far as for NegaiShipping and Iris "marveling" over Ash saving Tepig, I have wanted to reword that for some time now. It is notable to shippers because of Ash and Iris's rocky start and teasing relationship. This marks what could be a change in the way she looked at Ash. She is most likely surprised at Ash showing a sensitive side to Tepig. Sorry, went off topic there for a bit. Ultimately, Imagination is hard to put evidence for, because of Bianca's excitable personality. Everytime she talks to Ash could seem like evidence to a shipper. Just something to think about and I appreciate your input. Gohan5 04:20, 10 June 2011 (UTC)
I don't want to intrude by editing, and I could never think of names for theses, but I'm sensing shipping for Bianca/Luke and also Iris/Stephan Diamond Lanturn CodeName: 05308 01:52, 12 August 2011 (UTC)
It took a while for them to appear together again but from BW062 we can be sure that LethalAttractionShipping is somthing the writer are going to continue to hint at, should it get its own article? Diamond Lanturn CodeName: 05308 00:23, 16 January 2012 (UTC)
Names for more pairings
Are we going to note PiplupxMeloette and OshawottxMeloetta? What would we call them? I also think DawnxIris, PiplupxOshawott and BurgundyxGeorgia should be named and documented.
- You'd need my permission to make a LethalAttraction article; as I tell everyone, make your article a userpage first and we'll see how the article cleans up. The 'ships you also mention are called JacobBlackshipping, EdwardCullenshipping, Annemaeshipping (which KG has), Kodomoshipping, and SourGrapesshipping respectively.
- Unrelated, KG, think it's time to merge our articles and Shipspace it? Luna Tiger * the Arc Toraph
Ash x Alexis XY
A Reality Check
This has gone far enough. This list has become merely "Anime characters with vague similarities" rather than "Anime characters who have arguably expressed feelings for each other". For sanity, I remind everyone in Project Shipping of your goals:
- Write comprehensive and upstanding articles on Ships.
- This means they are to be substantial, well written (even if they are short articles), and with substance.
- All given hints/evidence/facts should also be meaningful and not tossed in there because it made the Shipper in you go squee.
Many shippings have no Evidence or Hints section at all. Even the slightest bit of interaction between two characters lands them a spot on this list… It's honestly become a drain when a new ship is posted. How is it "meaningful" that two Trainers have the same type of Pokémon, or have lost to the same main character? Use some critical thinking and remove the ships that have no actual basis outside of a shipper's heavily tinted lens. No, not just anything two people (or Pokémon, or a person and a Pokémon, or an adult and a minor) do can be construed as romantic in nature. Don't be silly, fix your article, and enforce your own rules for once. —TheVeryBest 08:31, 9 August 2014 (UTC)
The most recent influx of "evidence" just proves my point further. Dawn's praise for Ambipom indicates she wants a romantic relationship with the Pokémon? Piplup acting like his normal haughty self means he wants a relationship with Oshawott? Scraggy likes Axew because he doesn't want his friend to leave? And this one… it has nothing to do with Iris liking her Emolga! At all! Do you see what I mean? These shippers have lost all sense of reality. Heck, I bet one of them has shipped me with themselves because I'm interacting with them in some way, so obviously I want a relationship with them (regardless of whether they're legal or human). If anyone can add any random, irrelevant piece of info to this list, then I can remove it just as easily. At this point, the official Bulbapedia guidelines side with my opinion, not that of this list's contributors. I'm considering taking immediate action to ensure this list complies with the guidelines you shippers should have been following in the first place. —TheVeryBest 04:06, 24 August 2014 (UTC)
Could it be possible to give AnnemaeShipping (Dawn & Iris)a page of it's own, considering their meeting in Best Wishes and a fairly decent amount of evidence supporting it, considering we did do it for SapphirePearlShipping (May & Dawn), Thanks Waterninja12345 (talk) 15:41, 17 August 2014 (UTC)
Translation on a ship
FleuredeGrenadeShipping, better known as the pairing of Grant and Viola has a literal translation. Although I no longer speak French, I understand it and checked Google Translate to confirm the translation. It literally translates as "grenade flower", something that doesn't make much sense. A ship name that would make sense would (yes, I researched this) have to be AltoGrandShipping because of viola's French meaning, as well as Grant's name. The only other name that would make sense is an Italian name: RacciaAltaShipping. That's all I have to say for the aforementioned ship. I know that there's not much evidence behind these, but I would like to throw them out there. 1. NinjaChildShipping: Ash and Janine. Although it'd be a nevermet ship (yes, I know Janine hasn't appeared in the anime), it would (more or less) be the result of NinjaFlowerShipping, which is Delia and Koga. 2. PearlCloneShipping: Ritchie and Dawn. Okay, we know the case of Ritchie and May. Dawn, like Ritchie, has at least one Electric-type, and one Flying-type. Pearl from Dawn's series and Clone from the thought that Ritchie is a clone of Ash. 3. NegaiCloneShipping: Ritchie and Iris. Not much evidence, unless you count Dragonite, which is a Kanto native, where Ritchie is from. 4. CloneAmourShipping or AmourCloneShipping: Ritchie and Serena (XY). Both own their respective region's starters. 5. MegaExcitementShipping: Ash and Diantha; like I said, not much evidence, but we know how excitable Ash is and Diantha doesn't seem to mind. As far as champions go, unless Drake and Iris are counted, she is the first champion to have battled Ash. - unsigned comment from WATERWARRIOR67 (talk • contribs)
I've never edited a page before, and I'm not really sure how to make it work, but I still want to contribute the idea of the ship of Lillie and Mallow, as they seem to be a ship that has begun forming. AgenderSudokuNerd (talk) 22:10, 10 February 2017 (UTC)
Serena x James in XY085
I saw that in Mending a Broken Spirit!, James and Serena had some moments that could be a candidate for a ship. Do you think we should put it on this list? If so, I think it should be called RocketAmourShipping. Vanvan529 18:53, 14 May 2018 (UTC)
Criteria for this list
What is the criteria for including ships on this list if they already have their own page on Bulbapedia? I had previously assumed that any ship notable enough to have its own page would also be notable enough to include in this list. But I found a LOT (I counted 27) of anime ships that have their own page and yet are not mentioned on this list. If they can't be included on this page for some reason, can they be included on a subpage or something so that people can easily find them? Kidburla (talk) 07:22, 6 July 2019 (UTC)
- Note that there are tags at the top of the article, one of which says, "This article is incomplete." So, nothing's stopping you from including those shippings as far as I'm concerned. GrammarFreak01 (talk) 02:45, 7 July 2019 (UTC)
- Okay, added! Well, I have added 25 of the 27 I mentioned to this page. The other 2 are from Legend of Thunder and I was not sure if those belong here or on Shipping:List of movie shippings. For now I have put them on the movie page, as there was already a reference to Mewtwo Returns from that page, and LoT is a similar situation. Also, in the article for LoT it describes itself as a movie. Kidburla (talk) 13:59, 8 July 2019 (UTC)
- I don't think investment in the shipping part of this website is particularly high right now. You can include those if you wish, as long as there are substantial hints to be found in the anime itself. GrammarFreak01 (talk) 02:46, 7 July 2019 (UTC)
- There are plenty of hints in the anime itself - for example, some other wikis already have lists (see e.g. AlohaShipping (Ash x Mallow) and JellowShipping (Mallow x Lillie)). Not sure when I will have time to write the Bulbapedia articles for these two ships; I will try to do it at some point, but anyone else is welcome to help out also :) Kidburla (talk) 17:18, 9 July 2019 (UTC)