Shōko Nakagawa (Japanese: 中川翔子 Nakagawa Shōko) is a Japanese seiyū for the Pokémon anime and was also one of the hosts of Pokémon Sunday, Pokémon Smash, and Pokémon Get☆TV. Currently, she is also one of the host in Meet Up at the Pokémon House?. She was born on May 5, 1985 in Tokyo, Japan. She is also known under the nickname Shokotan and is famous for her extensive use of 2ch-driven language, which is known by her fans as Shokotanese (Japanese: しょこたん語 Shokotan-go).
In 2013, she wrote an autobiographical book about her experiences as a Pokémon fan and her experiences working as on Pokémon Sunday, Pokémon Smash and as a voice actress. It is titled Shōko Nakagawa: Pokémon Taught Me The Meaning of Life.
Other non-Pokémon roles
- As part of a campaign for Pokémon Sunday, Shokotan's Tropius was available for download from various Pokémon Centers in Japan from February 2 to 12, 2007.
- The Pikachu-colored Pichu that was available to those who pre-ordered a movie ticket for Arceus and the Jewel of Life has Shokotan as its OT.
- In a blog entry posted on May 31, 2010, Shokotan spoke of Peg's love of Electric types and mentioned that, because of this, she wanted to capture a Zekrom. Zekrom was not officially confirmed to be part-Electric type until two weeks later.
- She is similar to Becky: both were Pokémon Sunday hosts and occasionally voiced characters on the movies.
- With the exceptional of PK25, all of her anime roles were only in movies. She does not appear in Genesect and the Legend Awakened, the film associated with the short.
- This voice actor is referred on the second Pokémon Direct, as someone who suggested early what would be the Pokémon Bank.
|This anime-related article is a stub. You can help Bulbapedia by .|
|This article is part of Project VA, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each voice actor of the Pokémon anime.|