Shōko Nakagawa (Japanese: 中川翔子 Nakagawa Shōko) is a Japanese voice actress for the Pokémon anime and was also one of the hosts of Pokémon Sunday, Pokémon Smash, Pokémon Get☆TV, Meet Up at the Pokémon House? and Where are We Going With Pokémon!?.
She is also known under the nickname Shokotan and is famous for her extensive use of 2ch-driven language, which is known by her fans as Shokotanese (Japanese: しょこたん語 Shokotan-go).
In 2013, she wrote an autobiographical book about her experiences as a Pokémon fan and her experiences working as on Pokémon Sunday, Pokémon Smash and as a voice actress. It is titled Shōko Nakagawa: Pokémon Taught Me The Meaning of Life. She was an animator on Thank You, Alola! The Journey Continues! and the anime series based on the Pokémon Sword and Shield games, Pokémon Journeys: The Series.
On May 7th, 2023, she announced that she will be leaving the Sunday Pokémon infotainment shows with Abareru-kun taking her role. Her last appearance was Sunday, May 14th, 2023.
- Pokémon Sunday
- Pokémon Smash!
- Pokémon Get☆TV
- Meet Up at the Pokémon House?
- Where are We Going With Pokémon!?
Other non-Pokémon roles
- As part of a campaign for Pokémon Sunday, Shokotan's Tropius was available for download from various Pokémon Centers in Japan from February 2 to 12, 2007.
- The Pikachu-colored Pichu that was available to those who pre-ordered a movie ticket for Arceus and the Jewel of Life has Shokotan as its OT, referencing Shokotan's voice actor role in the movie.
- In a blog entry posted on May 31, 2010, Shokotan spoke of Peg's love of Electric types and mentioned that, because of this, she wanted to capture a Zekrom. Zekrom was not officially confirmed to be part-Electric type until two weeks later.
- She is similar to Becky: both were Pokémon Sunday hosts and occasionally voiced characters on the movies.
- With the exceptional of PK25 and Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution, all of her anime roles were only in movies. She does not appear in Genesect and the Legend Awakened, the film associated with the short. Nakagawa also performed Together With the Wind for the latter movie.
- She was responsible for being the symbol of twenty years of Pokémon, with the role of Nurse Joy. She grew up playing the first generation of games, which is why she represents Pokémon 20th Anniversary by voice acting an "older sister" kind of role in I Choose You!.
- This voice actor is referred on the second Pokémon Direct, as someone who suggested early what would be the Pokémon Bank.
|This anime-related article is a stub. You can help Bulbapedia by .|
|This article is part of Project VA, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each voice actor of the Pokémon anime.|