Sand Veil (Ability)
|Hidden in Sand|
During a sandstorm, the accuracy of any move used against a Pokémon with this Ability is modified by a factor of 4/5. A Pokémon with this Ability will take no damage from the sandstorm if it otherwise would.
Outside of battle
From Pokémon Emerald onwards, if a Pokémon with Sand Veil is in the first place in the party (even if fainted) in an area with a sandstorm (such as Route 228 in Sinnoh), the chance of encountering a wild Pokémon is decreased by 50%.
Pokémon with Sand Veil
In other games
In the manga
- In volume 40, Pearl's Digler was revealed to have Sand Veil as his Ability.
- Red's Diglett and Sandshrew are revealed to have Sand Veil as their Ability.
- Giovanni's Dugtrio is revealed to have Sand Veil as his Ability.
- Wally's Cacturne is revealed to have Sand Veil as his Ability.
- Cynthia's Garchomp is revealed to have Sand Veil as her Ability.
In other languages
|Variations of the Ability Sand Veil|
|Sand Veil • Snow Cloak|
|Abilities affected by weather conditions|
|Sand Veil • Swift Swim • Chlorophyll • Forecast • Dry Skin • Rain Dish • Snow Cloak • Hydration • Solar Power • Leaf Guard • Ice Body • Flower Gift • Sand Force • Sand Rush • Slush Rush|
|This article is part of Project Moves and Abilities, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on two related aspects of the Pokémon games.|