Sand Veil (Ability)
|Hidden in Sand|
Sand Veil (Japanese: すながくれ Hidden in Sand) is an Ability introduced in Generation III.
During a sandstorm, the accuracy of any move used against a Pokémon with this Ability is modified by a factor of 4/5. A Pokémon with this Ability will take no damage from the sandstorm if it otherwise would.
Outside of battle
From Pokémon Emerald onwards, if a Pokémon with Sand Veil is in the first place in the party (even if fainted) in an area with a sandstorm (such as Route 228 in Sinnoh), the chance of encountering a wild Pokémon is decreased by 50%.
Pokémon with Sand Veil
In other games
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series
In Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team, Explorers of Time, Darkness, and Sky, Sand Veil increases evasion by two stages when active.
In the manga
- In volume 40, Pearl's Diglett, Digler, was revealed to have Sand Veil as his Ability.
- Red's Diglett and Sandshrew are revealed to have Sand Veil as their Ability.
- Giovanni's Dugtrio is revealed to have Sand Veil as his Ability.
- Wally's Cacturne is revealed to have Sand Veil as his Ability.
- Cynthia's Garchomp is revealed to have Sand Veil as her Ability.
In other languages
|Variations of the Ability Sand Veil|
|Sand Veil • Snow Cloak|
|Abilities affected by weather conditions|
|Sand Veil • Swift Swim • Chlorophyll • Rain Dish • Forecast • Snow Cloak • Dry Skin • Hydration • Solar Power • Leaf Guard • Ice Body • Flower Gift • Harvest • Sand Rush • Sand Force • Slush Rush • Ice Face • Protosynthesis • Orichalcum Pulse|
|This article is part of Project Moves and Abilities, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on two related aspects of the Pokémon games.|