Pyro Ball (move)

Pyro Ball
かえんボール Flame Ball
Pyro Ball IX.png
Pyro Ball IX 2.png
Type  Fire
Category  Physical
PP  5 (max. 8)
Power  120
Accuracy  90%
Priority  0
Opponent Opponent Opponent
Self Ally Ally
Normal: May affect anyone adjacent to the user
Introduced  Generation VIII
Condition  [[{{{category}}} (condition)|{{{category}}}]]
Appeal  0  
Jam  0  
Condition  [[{{{category}}} (condition)|{{{category}}}]]
Appeal  0  
Condition  [[{{{category}}} (condition)|{{{category}}}]]
Appeal  0  
Jamming  0  

Pyro Ball (Japanese: かえんボール Flame Ball) is a damage-dealing Fire-type move introduced in Generation VIII. It is one of the signature moves of Cinderace.


Pyro Ball will thaw out the user if it is frozen, and then inflict damage on the target. Pyro Ball also has a 10% chance of burning the target. It has no effect on Pokémon with the Bulletproof Ability.

Generation VIII

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl

Pyro Ball cannot be selected in a battle.


Games Description
The user attacks by igniting a small stone and launching it as a fiery ball at the target. This may also leave the target with a burn.
BDSP This move can't be used. It's recommended that this move is forgotten. Once forgotten, this move can't be remembered.


By leveling up

# Pokémon Types Egg Groups Level
0815     Field Human-Like 1, Evo. Evo.
Bold indicates a Pokémon gains STAB from this move.
Italics indicates a Pokémon whose evolution or alternate form receives STAB from this move.
A dash (−) indicates a Pokémon cannot learn the move by the designated method.
An empty cell indicates a Pokémon that is unavailable in that game/generation.

In other games

Pokémon UNITE

In Pokémon UNITE, Pyro Ball is Cinderace's first move. It is obtained by evolving from Raboot at level 7 and upgrading Ember into it instead of Blaze Kick. The user kicks a ball of flame in a designated direction, burning and damaging enemies hit. At level 11, after this move hits, the cooldown on user's other move is decreased.

Pokémon Masters EX

Name Category Move gauge cost MP
Base power Max power Accuracy Target Effect tag Description Playable sync pair(s)
Pyro Ball Physical 4 172 206 90% An opponent OK While Frozen Removes the frozen condition from the user. Has a chance (10%) of leaving the target burned. Gloria (Alt. 2) & Cinderace


In the anime

Igniting the rock
Goh's Cinderace
Trainer's Cinderace
Leon's Cinderace
The user attacks by igniting a small stone and launching it as a fiery ball at the target.
Pokémon Method
User First Used In Notes
  Cinderace repeatedly kicks a rock, igniting it into a flaming soccer ball. It then kicks the fireball, launching it at the opponent. Cinderace can also kick the rock multiple times in succession, making the Pyro Ball bigger each time it is struck, before launching it.
Goh's Cinderace Sword and Shield... The Legends Awaken! Debut
A Trainer's Cinderace Secrets of the Jungle None
An illusionary Cinderace created by Unown Star Night, Star Flight! None
Alternate World Goh's Cinderace Showdown at the Gates of Warp! None
Leon's Cinderace Paring Pokémon While Parrying! Activates Libero

In the manga

Pokémon Adventures

In other generations

In other languages

Language Title
Chinese Cantonese 火焰球 Fóyihm Kàuh
Mandarin 火焰球 Huǒyàn Qiú
  Czech Ohnivá koule
  French Ballon Brûlant
  German Feuerball
  Italian Palla Infuocata
  Korean 화염볼 Hwayeom Bol
  Polish Piropiłka
Portuguese   Brazil Bola Incendiária
  Portugal Bola de Fogo
  Russian Пирошар Piroshar
  Spanish Balón Ígneo
  Turkish Ateş Topu

  This article is part of Project Moves and Abilities, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on two related aspects of the Pokémon games.