ラベン博士 Dr. Laven
Artwork from Legends: Arceus
|Member of||Galaxy Team|
|Rank||Member, Survey Corps|
Professor Laventon (Japanese: ラベン博士 Dr. Laven) is a travelling Pokémon Professor who studies in the Hisui region. He is a member of the Galaxy Team's Survey Corps and specializes in Pokémon's modes of life.
In the core series
Professor Laventon finds the player on Prelude Beach after they have fallen through the space-time rift. The appearance of the player has attracted the interest of the Professor's three Starter Pokémon. After the player awakens, the Pokémon run away and the Professor tasks the player with recapturing them. Impressed by their skill he takes the player to Jubilife Village to recruit them into the Galaxy Team's Survey Corps.
For most of the game, Professor Laventon can be found at all base camps or his laboratory in Galaxy Hall. The player can report their latest survey results by speaking to Laventon, which entails any Pokémon caught and research tasks completed since the last report. He will then reward the player with money and research points based on these results.
Gives to the player
Professor Laventon gives the player their choice of starter Pokémon from Pokémon he collected while traveling the world. After the player has beaten the main story of Pokémon Legends: Arceus, he will give the player the remaining two starter Pokémon once spoken to at his lab.
|Illustration from Two Hues|
- The Pokédex entries in Pokémon Legends: Arceus are written in first person by Laventon.
- There are several hints in the game that Professor Laventon may be from the Galar region:
- In the Pokédex entry for Raichu he mentions Copperajah that live in his homeland. Currently, Copperajah are only known to live in Galar.
- The writing on the blackboard in his office uses the alphabet from Pokémon Sword and Shield instead of the style of writing used elsewhere in Pokémon Legends: Arceus.
- He often uses stock British phrases such as "jolly good". In other translations of the game such as German, he will sometimes speak in English instead.
- As the Galaxy Expedition Team is comprised of foreigners to Hisui, Laventon is the only known Pokémon Professor in the core series not to be from the region he resides in.
|Japanese||ラベン博士 Dr. Laven||From lavender|
|English||Professor Laventon||From lavender|
|German, Italian||Professor Laven||From his Japanese name|
|Spanish||Profesor Lavender||From lavender|
|French||Professeur Lavande||From lavande (lavender)|
|Korean||라벤박사 Raben-baksa||Transcription of his Japanese name|
|Chinese (Mandarin)||拉苯博士 Dr. Lāběn||Transcription of his Japanese name|
|Chinese (Cantonese)||拉苯博士 Dr. Lāaibún||Transcription of his Japanese name|
|Russian||Профессор Лавентон Professor Laventon||Transcription of his English name|
|This game character article is part of Project CharacterDex, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each character found in the Pokémon games.|