When a Pokémon with Pressure is targeted by a foe's move, one additional PP is deducted upon execution. Consequently, extra PP is deducted even if the foe's move misses, has multiple targets, or is rendered ineffective due to immunity. Pressure also applies to allies targeting the Pokémon and applies to moves that don't directly affect their targets, such as Trick Room.
If the move of a Pokémon targets several foes with Pressure, one additional PP will be deducted for each one.
The presence of Pressure is broadcast with the message "<name> is exerting its Pressure!"
From Pokémon Emerald onwards, if a Pokémon with Pressure is in the first place in the party (even if fainted), the chance of encountering a high-leveled wild Pokémon increases by 50% (so an otherwise 25% chance would become 75%). It shares this effect with Hustle and Vital Spirit.