Porto Marinada Market

Porto Marinada Market マリナード市場
Marinade Market
"Wild Missingno. appeared!"
[[File:|300px]]
Map description: {{{mapdesc}}}
Location: Porto Marinada
Region: Paldea
Generations: IX
Paldea Porto Marinada Map.png
Location of Porto Marinada Market in Paldea.
Pokémon world locations

The Porto Marinada Market (Japanese: マリナード市場 Marinade Market) is a marketplace and point of interest in Porto Marinada in the Paldea region. The market auctions off various items to buyers.

In the games

Geography

The market is situated in the center of Porto Marinada and is the first thing travelers see after walking down the curved path. The market has a respectable number of vendors and auctioneers selling items to customers.

Buying items

There are four food vendors on the outside booths. These vendors will sell to anyone who wants to buy from them. Every Wich Way is the only vendor selling complete sandwiches while Artisan Bakery, Deli Cioso, and Sure Cans all sell various ingredients for sandwich building.

Auctions

Up to four auctioneers are present in the inner booths. These auctioneers will only sell to those who they feel are able to handle the auctions. Passing the Cascarrafa Gym's Gym Test allows the player to buy items here.

The auctioneers will sell their items in lots and up to three customers, one being the player and the other two being NPCs, can bid on the items, with only the winning bid getting the lot. The items sold in these lots will vary in type, and the items on offer will change at the start of every real-life day.

In order to join an auction, the player must have an amount of Pokémon Dollars equal to the starting bid. The amount varies depending on the item, with some items such as Apricorn Poké Balls starting bid being as high as $100,000.

After clearing the special Team Star storyline introduced in The Indigo Disk, Atticus will also appear as a fifth auctioneer, selling clothing items designed after characters and outfits from past Pokémon games, though he has no booth and will stand off to the side.

Available items

Each of the five venues offers a different pool of items, with each item having a weighted probability of appearing.

For venues 1-3, the total probability weight is 1001.

  • The first-listed item in a venue's pool will have 1 more weight than usual. The table below already accounts for this.

Venue 4 only sells items specific to certain Pokémon, and each item will only appear in the pool if the corresponding Pokémon is already in the player's party or Boxes. The total probability weight is the total number of eligible items + 1.

  • The first eligible item in venue 4's list will have a probability weight of 2. The table below does not account for this, as items can enter the pool upon the Pokémon being obtained, or leave the pool upon the item being obtained.
  • Venue 4 items always come in a quantity of 1, and will never have discounts. Each item can only be obtained once.
  • Latias and Latios each add a separate chance for the Soul Dew to appear, and each of the Forces of Nature adds a separate chance for the Reveal Glass to appear.
  • Unlike other venues, the player can cycle through each potential item if they talk to the vendor but do not join the auction.

After the player completes the group study session quest with Team Star from The Indigo Disk expansion, Atticus will appear at the Porto Marinada Market to sell clothing items that he has created, calling his venue the "Atticus Emporium". These clothing items are replicas of items worn by various characters in past games in the series.

Each item has the following attributes:

  • Minimum price: The initial price of an item, before applying quantity or discounts.
  • Base price: Value used when calculating an NPC's max budget.
  • Item quantity range: The range of possible quantities of the item when it appears. For example, the auctioneer may offer at least 10 Great Balls in one auction, and at most 50 in one auction.
  • Discount rate: When multiple of an item is included in an auction, a discount will be applied to the initial bid based on how many items are in the bundle. However, items with a discount rate of 0 are not eligible for discounts.
  • Venue X weight: The probability weight that the item will appear for auction at each venue. The probability of obtaining the item is the weight divided by 1001.
Venues 1-3
Item Minimum price
($)
Base price ($)
(used for NPC budgets)
Item quantity range Discount rate Venue 1 weight
(x/1001)
Venue 2 weight
(x/1001)
Venue 3 weight
(x/1001)
  Potion 50 130 50-100 0.7 N/A 31 N/A
  Fresh Water 50 130 20-50 1 N/A 90 N/A
  Soda Pop 150 250 10-50 1 N/A 90 N/A
  Super Potion 200 500 10-50 1 N/A 30 N/A
  Lemonade 150 250 10-50 1 N/A 90 N/A
  Moomoo Milk 150 300 10-50 1 N/A 90 N/A
  Hyper Potion 800 1,000 10-50 1 N/A 60 N/A
  Poké Ball 50 130 50-100 0.7 31 N/A N/A
  Great Ball 200 350 10-50 1 60 N/A N/A
  Ultra Ball 400 600 10-30 1 90 N/A N/A
  Premier Ball 50 130 50-100 0.5 60 N/A N/A
  Heal Ball 100 200 3-50 1 30 N/A N/A
  Net Ball 300 1,000 3-20 1 50 N/A N/A
  Nest Ball 300 1,000 3-20 1 50 N/A N/A
  Repeat Ball 300 1,000 3-20 1 50 N/A N/A
  Dive Ball 300 1,000 3-20 1 70 N/A N/A
  Luxury Ball 900 3,000 3-20 1 70 N/A N/A
  Quick Ball 300 1,000 3-20 1 70 N/A N/A
  Dusk Ball 300 1,000 3-20 1 70 N/A N/A
  Timer Ball 500 1,000 3-20 1 50 N/A N/A
  Fried Fillet 200 360 20-50 0.5 24 24 25
  Herbed Sausage 200 400 20-50 0.5 24 24 24
  Horseradish 200 410 20-50 0.5 24 24 24
  Curry Powder 200 450 20-50 0.5 23 23 23
  Klawf Stick 300 500 20-50 0.5 23 23 23
  Health Feather 200 500 10-50 0.5 N/A N/A 50
  Muscle Feather 200 500 10-50 0.5 N/A N/A 50
  Resist Feather 200 500 10-50 0.5 N/A N/A 50
  Genius Feather 200 500 10-50 0.5 N/A N/A 50
  Clever Feather 200 500 10-50 0.5 N/A N/A 50
  Swift Feather 200 500 10-50 0.5 N/A N/A 50
  Pomeg Berry 100 300 10-100 0.5 N/A N/A 70
  Kelpsy Berry 100 300 10-100 0.5 N/A N/A 70
  Hondew Berry 100 300 10-100 0.5 N/A N/A 70
  Grepa Berry 100 300 10-100 0.5 N/A N/A 70
  Qualot Berry 100 300 10-100 0.5 N/A N/A 70
  Tamato Berry 100 300 10-100 0.5 N/A N/A 70
  HP Up 5,000 10,000 3-30 1 N/A 40 N/A
  Protein 5,000 10,000 3-30 1 N/A 40 N/A
  Iron 5,000 10,000 3-30 1 N/A 40 N/A
  Carbos 5,000 10,000 3-30 1 N/A 40 N/A
  Calcium 5,000 10,000 3-30 1 N/A 40 N/A
  Zinc 5,000 10,000 3-30 1 N/A 40 N/A
  PP Up 3,000 10,000 3-20 0.5 N/A 20 20
  PP Max 10,000 30,000 1-3 0 N/A 10 10
  Sun Stone 1,500 3,000 1 0 10 10 10
  Moon Stone 1,500 3,000 1 0 10 10 10
  Shiny Stone 1,500 3,000 1 0 10 10 10
  Dusk Stone 1,500 3,000 1 0 10 10 10
  Dawn Stone 1,500 3,000 1 0 10 10 10
  King's Rock 3,000 10,000 1 0 10 10 10
  Metal Coat 1,000 3,000 1 0 10 10 10
  Razor Claw 5,000 15,000 1 0 10 10 10
  Cracked Pot 3,000 10,000 1 0 10 10 10
  Chipped Pot 3,000 10,000 1 0 10 10 10
  Bottle Cap 10,000 30,000 3-10 0 10 10 10
  Gold Bottle Cap 50,000 150,000 1-3 0 6 6 6
  Fast Ball 100,000 200,000 1 0 2 2 2
  Level Ball 100,000 200,000 1 0 2 2 2
  Lure Ball 100,000 200,000 1 0 2 2 2
  Heavy Ball 100,000 200,000 1 0 2 2 2
  Love Ball 100,000 200,000 1 0 2 2 2
  Friend Ball 100,000 200,000 1 0 2 2 2
  Moon Ball 100,000 200,000 1 0 2 2 2
  Dream Ball 100,000 200,000 1 0 2 2 2
Venue 4
Item Minimum price
($)
Base price
($)
Item quantity Probability
(x/eligible)
Required Pokémon
  Soul Dew 500 4000 1 1-2  Latias or
 Latios
  Meteorite 500 4000 1 1  Deoxys
  Rotom Catalog 500 4000 1 1  Rotom
  Adamant Orb 500 4000 1 1  Dialga
  Adamant Crystal 500 4000 1 1  Dialga
  Lustrous Orb 500 4000 1 1  Palkia
  Lustrous Globe 500 4000 1 1  Palkia
  Griseous Orb 500 4000 1 1  Giratina
  Griseous Core 500 4000 1 1  Giratina
  GracideaVer. 2.0.1+ 500 4000 1 1  Shaymin
  Flame Plate 500 4000 1 1  Arceus
  Splash Plate 500 4000 1 1  Arceus
  Zap Plate 500 4000 1 1  Arceus
  Meadow Plate 500 4000 1 1  Arceus
  Icicle Plate 500 4000 1 1  Arceus
  Fist Plate 500 4000 1 1  Arceus
  Toxic Plate 500 4000 1 1  Arceus
  Earth Plate 500 4000 1 1  Arceus
  Sky Plate 500 4000 1 1  Arceus
  Mind Plate 500 4000 1 1  Arceus
  Insect Plate 500 4000 1 1  Arceus
  Stone Plate 500 4000 1 1  Arceus
  Spooky Plate 500 4000 1 1  Arceus
  Draco Plate 500 4000 1 1  Arceus
  Dread Plate 500 4000 1 1  Arceus
  Iron Plate 500 4000 1 1  Arceus
  Pixie Plate 500 4000 1 1  Arceus
  Reveal Glass 500 4000 1 1-4  Tornadus,
 Thundurus,
 Landorus, or
 Enamorus
  DNA Splicers 500 4000 1 1  Kyurem
  Prison Bottle 500 4000 1 1  Hoopa
  N-Solarizer 500 4000 1 1  Necrozma
  N-Lunarizer 500 4000 1 1  Necrozma
  Rusted Sword 500 4000 1 1  Zacian
  Rusted Shield 500 4000 1 1  Zamazenta
  Scroll of Darkness 500 4000 1 1  Kubfu
  Scroll of Waters 500 4000 1 1  Kubfu
  Reins of Unity 500 4000 1 1  Calyrex
Atticus Emporium
Item Minimum price
($)
Base price
($)
Item quantity Replica of
Replica Expansion Suit Helmet 100,000 1 Essentia's Expansion Suit helmet
Replica Aqua Suit Helmet 100,000 1 Aqua Suit helmet
Replica Magma Suit Helmet 100,000 1 Magma Suit helmet
Replica Aether Shoes 100,000 1 Aether Foundation Employee uniform shoes
Replica Dragon Gloves 100,000 1 Ryuki's gloves
Replica Ultra Glasses 100,000 1 Ultra Recon Squad glasses
Replica Leader Bag 100,000 1 Marnie's bag
Replica Ball Guy Helmet 100,000 1 Ball Guy's mask

Discount calculation

When multiple of an item is sold in a single auction (example: 50 Poké Balls), a discount percentage is applied based on the quantity.

This discount multiplier is calculated as follows:  

Example with Poké Balls:

  • The discount rate for Poké Balls is 0.7.
  • 50 Poké Balls:  . This is effectively a 35% discount.
  • 100 Poké Balls:  . This is effectively a 70% discount.

Initial bid calculation

An auction's initial bid price is calculated as follows:

 

The amount is then rounded to the nearest hundred.

Example with Poké Balls:

  • Poké Ball's minimum price is $50.
  • 50 Poké Balls:  . This rounds to $1,600.
  • 100 Poké Balls:  . This rounds to $1,500.

Bidding

Auctions begin with three participants, one being the player and two being NPCs.

At the start of an auction, the player may bid the starting price, or $500 higher than the starting price. On subsequent rounds, these options are replaced by $500 or $1,000 higher than the current bid.

  • On expensive items, a 10× multiplier is applied to these increments, for both the player and NPCs.

Bids will proceed in order of the player, then the first NPC, then the second NPC, back to the player, and so on. The auction will end when all but one participant has withdrawn.

  • If all three participants are still in the running, the player has an option to skip bidding when reaching their turn. This option is not available once there are only two participants remaining.

If the player wins the auction, they then pay the amount of the final bid, and receive the item. If the player does not have enough money at this time, the auctioneer will hold the item until the player returns with enough money.

NPC behavior

There are 8 possible NPCs that can appear as bidders, with each having a budget as well as a wish item.

An NPC's budget is calculated similarly to the initial bid price, but using the item's base price instead of minimum price:

 

NPCs can make low bids or high bids, until making another bid would exceed their budget. At this point, they will withdraw from the auction.

  • Low bids have a 7,001/10,001 (~70%) chance to occur, while high bids have a 3,000/10,001 (~30%) chance to occur.
  • Note that the table below does not account for the 10× multiplier on increments for expensive items.

If an NPC's wish item is the one on auction, they will say a unique line at the start of the auction. Their budget will also be higher, and they will be more likely to make high bids.

  • The budget formula will use the NPC's wish budget rate instead of base budget rate.
  • Low bids have a 3,001/10,001 (~30%) chance to occur, while high bids have a 7,000/10,001 (~70%) chance to occur.

Example: NPCs 7 and 8 are bidding on 1 Moon Ball.

  • Moon Ball's base price is $200,000, and it is not eligible for discounts.
  • NPC 7: This is not their wish item, so their base budget rate of 1.8 is used. Their budget is therefore 1 × 200,000 × 1.8 + 0.5 = 360,000.5. This rounds to $360,000.
  • NPC 8: This is their wish item, so their wish budget rate of 2 is used. Their budget is therefore 1 × 200,000 × 2 + 0.5 = 400,000.5. This rounds to $400,000.
  • Additionally, recall that the bid increments of both the player and these NPCs is multiplied by 10×, since the item is expensive.
NPC Description Wish item Base budget rate Wish budget rate Low bid increment
($)
High bid increment
($)
Wish item line
1 Small boy in a green shirt   Moomoo Milk 1 1.3 500 500 Oooh, I want this lot real bad!!!
2 Small girl in a pink striped shirt   Lemonade 1 1.3 500 500 This lot is mine!
3 Man in a yellow shirt and blue jeans   King's Rock 1.1 1.5 500 1,500 I'll outbid all of ya!
4 Woman in a white shirt and an orange flower-print skirt   Metal Coat 1.1 1.5 500 1,500 I really wanna win!
5 Burly man in a hot-pink shirt and white pants   Bottle Cap 1.2 1.6 500 1,500 Time for this old geezer to shine!
6 Older woman in a blue top and orange pants   Gold Bottle Cap 1.2 1.6 500 1,500 I'm taking this home for sure!
7 Older man in a square-patterned light-pink shirt and beige pants   Dream Ball 1.8 2 1,500 2,000 No way I'm lettin' this lot go!
8 Older woman in a blue top and blue pants   Moon Ball 1.8 2 1,500 2,000 Time to empty the pension pot!

Gym test

During the Cascarrafa Gym test, the player is given $50,000 and told to engage in a simplified version of the auction system.

The auction item, 1 Wakame seaweed, has a starting bid price of $10,000, a base price of also $10,000, and is not eligible for discounts. This item is considered expensive, so the player and NPCs have the 10× multiplier applied to their bid increments.

The two NPCs here do not have wish items, and each has only one possible bid increment they can make.

  • NPC A's budget is effectively 1 × 10,000 × 2.5 + 0.5 = 25,000.5. This rounds to $25,000.
  • NPC B's budget is effectively 1 × 10,000 × 4 + 0.5 = 40,000.5. This rounds to $40,000.

It is mathematically impossible for the player to fail to win the auction, and to exceed spending $50,000.

  • NPC A will always bid $5,000, while NPC B will always bid $10,000.

Worst case (spending exactly $50,000):

  • Player (bids base price, total 10,000)
  • NPC A (bids 5,000, total 15,000)
  • NPC B (bids 10,000, total 25,000)
  • Player (bids 5,000, total 30,000)
  • NPC A (over budget of 25,000; withdraws)
  • NPC B (bids 10,000, total 40,000)
  • Player (bids 10,000, total 50,000)
  • Final price: $50,000

Best case (spending minimum amount of $35,000):

  • Player (bids base price, total 10,000)
  • NPC A (bids 5,000, total 15,000)
  • NPC B (bids 10,000, total 25,000)
  • Player (bids 10,000, total 35,000)
  • NPC A (over budget of 25,000. Withdraws)
  • NPC B (bidding would increase total to 45,000, which is above budget; withdraws)
  • Final price: $35,000
NPC Description Budget rate Bid increment
($)
A Same appearance as NPC 3 2.5 500
B Same appearance as NPC 6 4 1,000

In other languages

Language Title
Chinese Cantonese 漬沁市場 Jisam Síhchèuhng
Mandarin 漬沁市場 / 渍沁市场 Zìqìn Shìchǎng
  French Marché de Porto Marinada
  German Markt von Puerto Marinedo
  Italian Mercato di Marinada
  Korean 마리네이드 시장 Marinade Sijang
  Spanish Mercado de Pueblo Marinada

External links


Paldea
                   
Settlements
South: Cabo PocoMesagoza (Naranja Academy/Uva Academy)
Los PlatosCortondoAlfornadaPokémon League
East: ArtazonLevinciaZapapico
West: CascarrafaPorto MarinadaMedali
North: Montenevera
South Province
Area OneArea TwoArea Three
Area FourArea FiveArea Six (Alfornada Cavern)
Poco PathInlet GrottoSouth Paldean Sea
East Province
Area One (Schedar Squad's Base) • Area TwoArea Three
Tagtree Thicket (Navi Squad's Base) • East Paldean Sea
West Province
Area One (Segin Squad's Base) • Area TwoArea Three
Asado DesertWest Paldean Sea
North Province
Area OneArea Two (Caph Squad's Base) • Area Three (Ruchbah Squad's Base)
Casseroya Lake (Socarrat Trail) • Glaseado Mountain (Dalizapa Passage)
North Paldean Sea
Great Crater of Paldea
Area Zero
Zero GateZero LabArea Zero Underdepths
Landmarks
Ten Sights of Paldea (Colonnade Hollow)
Grasswither ShrineIcerend Shrine
Groundblight ShrineFirescourge Shrine
Access to
KitakamiBlueberry Academy
                   


  This article is part of Project Locations, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on every location in the Pokémon world.