|This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
A Pokémon groomer is a person who improves a Pokémon's friendship by giving it special treatment to bring out its best. A groomer's services are not limited to typical grooming activities and may include treatments like massages and spa treatments. Groomers were introduced in Generation II, and have appeared in every subsequent core series game. Typically, a groomer's services are only available to one Pokémon per day.
List of groomers
Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold, and SoulSilver
In Generation IV, these groomings also raise Beauty.
- Goldenrod Tunnel: the haircut brothers (on any day except Monday)
- Pallet Town: Daisy Oak (between 3 and 4 PM)
FireRed and LeafGreen
- Pallet Town: Daisy Oak
- After grooming one Pokémon, Daisy will offer to groom another after the player has taken 512 steps.
To view the amount that a Pokémon's friendship is increased by for each grooming session, see the friendship page.
Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum
- Veilstone City: Massage Girl, in the southwestern-most house
- An Accessory will be found on the Pokémon massaged here.
- Resort Area: the Ribbon Syndicate
- This spa treatment boosts a Pokémon friendship more than any other service.
Black and White and Black 2 and White 2
- Castelia City: a massage lady can be found:
- In Black and White: on Castelia Street, on the ground floor of the building on the west side
- In Black 2 and White 2: in the building opposite the Gym, on the ground floor
- In Black 2 and White 2, having a Pokémon treated at a Join Avenue Beauty Salon will increase its friendship.
X and Y
- Cyllage City: A massage lady is found in the house west of the Pokémon Center.
In addition to general Pokémon grooming, Generation VI introduces Furfrou, a Pokémon who can be groomed to have different haircuts. This is performed by Friseur Furfrou, a salon located in Lumiose City. Unlike most groomers, Friseur Furfrou will groom more than once per day for a 500 fee.
Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
- Mauville City: A Beauty north of the Poké Miles shop will massage the player's lead Pokémon free of charge once a day.
The ability to groom Furfrou to have different trims returns in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. A Pokémon Breeder in Slateport City's Pokémon Fan Club will groom a Furfrou in the player's party for a 500 fee, the same as in X and Y.
Sun and Moon
- Konikoni City: A woman standing next to the girl selling incenses will give the first Pokémon in the player's party a lomilomi massage, which increases friendship. She will only do this once a day.
- Malie City: A Punk Girl at the salon will groom a Furfrou in the player's party for a 500 fee, the same as in Generation VI.
|This section is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this section to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: Missing X/Y image; Sun/Moon image
|Generation II||Generation III||Generation IV|
Ribbon Syndicate spa attendant
In the anime
The first groomers to be featured in the anime were also Pokémon Breeders, such as Brock and Suzie. In Pokémon Fashion Flash, it was shown how grooming a Pokémon through techniques such as massage brings out a Pokémon's inner beauty, making them feel their best rather than merely dolling them up.
With the introduction of Pokémon Contests in Pokémon the Series: Ruby and Sapphire, Pokémon grooming became more common as Coordinators must care for their Pokémon's appearance to improve their chances of succeeding in these competitions. Drew and Dawn have been shown cleaning and brushing their Pokémon. In addition, feeding Pokéblocks and Poffins to Pokémon is said to keep them healthy and enhance their appearances.
In A Marathon Rivalry!, Team Rocket disguised themselves as Pokémon groomers during the Pokéathlon in Camellia Town. They used the same mecha used to torture Kaiser in the banned episode EP035 in order to massage Pokémon who entered the competition.
In Pokémon the Series: XY, the Pokémon groomers Jessica and Sherman showed their craft in Grooming Furfrou!. Bonnie also acts similar to a groomer, and can often be seen brushing the fur of her brother and friends' Pokémon. Serena is also shown frequently brushing her Pokémon as well.
Generally, whenever the topic of grooming comes up in the anime, Jessie and James demonstrate a passion for the craft and will use it as a front for their latest scheme. However, their styling tends to be portrayed as tacky and with no regard to the Pokémon's happiness.
In the manga
While not directly referred as a groomer, Shauna aspired to be a Furfrou trimmer, owning a Furfrou herself. Celosia was able to use this to her advantage, disguising as a Furfrou trimmer to brainwash her.
By PS594, Shauna was shown to have become a Furfrou stylist herself at Lumiose City.
In other languages