Pokémon Rumble U
|This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
|This article does not yet meet the quality standards of Bulbapedia. Please feel free to edit this article to make it conform to Bulbapedia norms and conventions.|
Pokémon Rumble U (Japanese: ポケモンスクランブルU Pokémon Scramble U) is a game released on the Wii U eShop and the third entry in the Pokémon Rumble series. It was the first Pokémon game released for the Wii U, followed by Pokkén Tournament. The game was revealed in the March 2013 issue of CoroCoro, which surfaced online on February 12, 2013. It was released in Japan on April 24, 2013, in Europe on August 15, 2013, in Australia on August 16, 2013, and in North America on August 29, 2013.
- All 649 Pokémon of Generations I-V.
- Supports up to four players.
- Up to 100 Pokémon are able to battle at the same time.
- Is the first Wii U game to use the console's NFC technology, allowing figures purchased in stores to interact with the game.
- These figures are customizable. The money earned in the game from battles will make enhancements available for the Pokémon, such as an increase in strength or a change in the moves it knows.
- Other Pokémon are befriended/caught during battles. The chance to befriend/catch any one Pokémon in a battle seems to be random but weighted based on power differential.
- Each stage has challenges that if the player completes them, they will be given a special Pokémon in a Crystal Poké Ball.
- Befriended/Caught Pokémon show up in one of three types of Poké Balls:
- Red Poké Ball- contains a normal level Pokémon of the level played
- Gold Poké Ball - contains a higher than normal level Pokémon of the level played
- Crystal Poké Ball- contains a much higher level Pokémon than of the level played. Also, all Challenge awarded Pokémon after completing challenges come in a Crystal Poké Ball.
- The Master Ball - sometimes dropped into the playing field as a bonus item. When thrown at a Pokémon, that Pokémon will be befriended/caught, and generally at a higher level (Gold or Crystal Poké Ball).
Blue Sky Park
Wondrous Battle Arena
All password Pokémon for the US and Europe have the Special Trait Gift.
- Main article: Staff of Pokémon Rumble U
|This article is part of Project Sidegames, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on the Pokémon Sidegames.|