Poké Cup (Japanese: ニンテンドウカップ Nintendo Cup) is one of the four Stadium Cups, appearing in both Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Stadium 2. It is presented as being the officially-sponsored Pokémon League tournament.
The Cup has a level restriction on it as well, only allowing Pokémon between the levels of 50 and 55 to compete. In addition, the three-Pokémon team chosen by the player at the beginning of a battle may not have a total level sum above 155. This means as well that the six-Pokémon team chosen to compete can't have more than four Pokémon of level 55.
There are four levels that may be challenged; each level up must be unlocked by defeating the eight Trainers on the previous level.
- Main article: List of Poké Cup Rental Pokémon in Pokémon Stadium
All rental Pokémon are level 50, and all eligible species are offered. This means that Dragonite and Tyranitar are underleveled.
- For a list of all Round 1 Trainers in Pokémon Stadium, see Poké Cup/Stadium Round 1
- For a list of all Round 2 Trainers in Pokémon Stadium, see Poké Cup/Stadium Round 2
Pokémon Stadium 2
- For a list of all Round 1 Trainers in Pokémon Stadium 2, see Poké Cup/Stadium 2 Round 1
- For a list of all Round 2 Trainers in Pokémon Stadium 2, see Poké Cup/Stadium 2 Round 2
- The Poké Cup that appears in Pokémon Yellow and Pokémon Stadium is based on the Nintendo Cup '97, a real life event that took place in Japan that year.
- The Poké Cup that appears in Pokémon Stadium 2 is also based on another real life event: the Nintendo Cup 2000.
In other languages
|This game mechanic article is part of Project Games, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on the Pokémon games.|